Anyone Got One Of These? Pull Leaver?

Started by Ama_1979, June 24, 2008, 08:31

Ama_1979

Hi all,

Does anyone have the pull lever available (to release the soft-top).  I am actually only needing the cover part (small plastic part covering 2 screws that says "pull" on it) rather than the whole mechanism.  

If anyone has one of these for sale that would be great, or knows of where I can get one..

Thanks all

A   s:D :D s:D

uktotty

There are lots of MR2s being broken on eBay at the moment.

evileye_wrx

I wouldn't bother.Think of the performance improvement by reducing the weight   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

In all seriousness, mine fell off a few times before I couldn't be bothered with it any more. As it's behind my head I can't see it so it doesn't worry me. You could look on spyderchat for Gregg's custom pull lever's. He no longer makes them but there may be some knocking about for sale

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

muffdan

If/When you do get a new one, put a bit of blu-tac on the back of it to hold it in place. It stops it jumping out when putting the roof down and also stops it rattling when driving along.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

roger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Gregg's custom pull lever's. He no longer makes them but there may be some knocking about for sale

I've got one of these, excellent...but they are made to go with the original lever. Must admit haven't tried it without, but I reckon he would have given that instruction if it was possible or an option.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Ama_1979

Thanks for your replies...

I think I won't even bother then by the sounds of it.  Someone on Ebay said he would sell me one for £15 hmmm...£15 I personally thought was quite steep for this little bit of plastic...maybe I'm wrong and that's just what they are, just wanted some advice really?

A
  s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Doesn't Mr T sell them?

Be a darned site cheaper than £15
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

muffdan

Just to clarify, you're after the little bit of plastic that says 'PULL' on it that clips into the pull lever, not the actual lever itself right?

£15 sounds like the price for the entire lever which is not what you want. Perhaps roger has the little bit of plastic you're looking for since he's replaced his with a custom version?

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ama_1979

Yeah I do just need the bit that says pull on it, which I made clear to the guy on Ebay who was breaking a 2...

I kindly but firmly made it clear that £15 was way too high and I wasn't prepared to pay it, to give him the benefit of the doubt maybe he misunderstood and thought I did mean the whole thing...Hmmm

Thanks Jason  s:) :) s:)

roger

Quote from: "muffdan"Perhaps roger has the little bit of plastic you're looking for since he's replaced his with a custom version?

No sorry, that's still on the car, I guess to hide all the bolts and holes.

If its just the plastic bit give your local Toyota garage a call, I also reckon it should cost a lot less than £15.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Ama_1979

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "muffdan"Perhaps roger has the little bit of plastic you're looking for since he's replaced his with a custom version?

No sorry, that's still on the car, I guess to hide all the bolts and holes.

If its just the plastic bit give your local Toyota garage a call, I also reckon it should cost a lot less than £15.

Hi no worries Roger, I called Toyota but they only sell the whole thing, not the leaver bit..Not to worry I shall continue in my quest..

s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ama_1979"Hi no worries Roger, I called Toyota but they only sell the whole thing, not the leaver bit..Not to worry I shall continue in my quest..

They lied.

PNC 89279K, Part Number 89279-17010, years 9912 onward, description: "COVER" is the exact part you are missing.  Any Toyota dealer (who can be bothered) should be happy to order it for you.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Ama_1979

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Ama_1979"Hi no worries Roger, I called Toyota but they only sell the whole thing, not the leaver bit..Not to worry I shall continue in my quest..

They lied.

PNC 89279K, Part Number 89279-17010, years 9912 onward, description: "COVER" is the exact part you are missing.  Any Toyota dealer (who can be bothered) should be happy to order it for you.

Ahh Arron you little star, they actually said to me in person I'd have to buy the whole part, I'm going to go back there and have my say..Grrrrr   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Thanks Arron

A  s:) :) s:)

Ama_1979

Hello again...Right Arron THANKS to you Mister, I managed to order the 'Pull" lever from Toyota at a mere £6.71. BARGIN!

And that cretin on Ebay wanted £15, plus postage I'd imagine the swineeeeeee.
Hope no-one buys anything off him..Grrrr   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Thanks to all of you that helped me

A   s:) :) s:)

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Ama_1979"Hello again...Right Arron THANKS to you Mister, I managed to order the 'Pull" lever from Toyota at a mere £6.71. BARGIN!

And that cretin on Ebay wanted £15, plus postage I'd imagine the swineeeeeee.
Hope no-one buys anything off him..Grrrr   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Thanks to all of you that helped me

A   s:) :) s:)

I'll bet he would have wanted £5 for postage as well!! Glad you got sorted

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Definitely get the blu-tac on it as well as previously said, it'll never fly off into the footwell again  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: