Apexi Induction Kit

Started by dlivingstone_19, July 1, 2008, 14:34

dlivingstone_19

Where can I buy an Apexi Induction kit from?

Whifbitz quoted me £146 delivered. Bit steep.

Cheers
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

Anonymous

Doesn't quite answer your question, but I've just fitted a PE kit from Rogue Motorsport. Cost £126.48.
 w www.roguemotorsport.com w

Wabbitkilla

Got mine from JDM Performance, but it took a month to arrive....
linky
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dlivingstone_19

Ok thank you. My only concern is that I have read on here that a lot of people fit induction kits and then seems to get loss of power or flat spots.

Any one comment on this? Is there an induction kit that doesn't cause any problems?
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

onion86

I think the main problem is the air in the engine bay as apposed to the induction kits themselves. The loss of power is generally (I might be making assumptions here) due to the heat of the air, which does not bode well for a cold air intake. If the flow of cold air on to the filter is sorted out. I think on a good day most induction kits are supposed to add 1/2bhp (but you're not going to notice that tbh). Having a pipe just pulling air towards it might help but not really had a look or investigated yet.

I've got the AEM CAI but not installed it yet (mainly down to a broken 14mm socket and can't get my strut brace off!), I'm hoping keeping the filter a long way from the engine (the way it's designed) should help out and I'm going to try and sort out the air flow a bit when/before I install it.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Wabbitkilla

There's plenty of discussion about which is best / worst if you search for it.

Quickly though, the AEM gets colder air than the Apexi but is longer so lengthens the intake tract reducing high rpm power.
Swings & roundabouts really - decide on price, decide on looks, decide on noise, decide on opinions of others.

You must clean your maf and reset your ecu when you fit it, which is universally accepted.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Just a slightly old fashioned approach (I rememder Colin Chatman) but if you get rid of all of the kit that's trying to keep heat away from the air filter then the weight saving alone must be worth something.(OK, so I'm the fish in the barrel now!). So how fast do you have to be driving to get a cold air ram effect from the stock set up?? Why not just take the engine cover off / boot lid ?? What a stupid, stupid idea. Tuned VDub's drive with the engine cover propped open to get more air circulation.
No, I'm not really being serious here but do it for the right reason - the induction kit looks better and it sounds better - if you can notice the difference of 1 or 2 bhp then you should be testing formular 1 cars

northernalex

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"There's plenty of discussion about which is best / worst if you search for it.

Quickly though, the AEM gets colder air than the Apexi but is longer so lengthens the intake tract reducing high rpm power.
Swings & roundabouts really - decide on price, decide on looks, decide on noise, decide on opinions of others.

PPE every time!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

wbarrwebster

Happy with the Apexi, was concerned at first as could not hear the difference with the hard top on but know that it's off.........I would have thought there was better air circulation without the stock filter box etc but what do I know!!

Lovely roar, instant smile!!

B
W. B. Webster

ChrisHumes

wbarrwebster

agree with him, instant roar and the best mod ive done ( that plus the h&s )

NickNJ

You need a cold feed to side grills otherwise yes it will be taking in warm air and lose power.
Black MR2 Roadster

Tags: