dastek unichip mapping

Started by Anonymous, July 3, 2008, 18:31

Anonymous

just wondering where is the best place to get a unichip mapped to my car and how much i would be looking at paying? i have read a lot about them and i cant decide whether to get one or not.  s:?: :?: s:?:

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I was quoted about £150 out of in Essex when I was considering one or £450 with the Chip. 3 weeks lead time.
Suggest you check Yell.com or Goggle and give them a ring.

Hope this helps,

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

is there specific places/fitting centres or can they be mapped anywhere?

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "liamr2"is there specific places/fitting centres or can they be mapped anywhere?

You could try Dastek's website. If there isn't a map I'm sure you can contact them to find somewhere. I do know they are quite few and far between. I'm in Newcastle and the closest was Dastek themselves in Fife.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

markiii

get an emanage blue instead

cheaper and getting it mapped offers more places
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

there is a unichip for sale for 250 in for sale section. some sort of chip and mapping is on my to do list but i dont know enough about fitting and mapping. is it worth me buying it and using the preset maps? could i fit it myself? dont have £500 at the moment which is why i am looking at the unichip and then getting it mapped at a later date.

Anonymous

Also worth checking out Spyderchat. I got in on a group buy from  w www.neverenoughauto.com w  at an under the radar price of £280 ready mapped for a tuned manifold (I know that this is not maybe as good as a bespoke map)

uktotty

Is that with the harness, shipping and duty?? Great price

Anonymous

Yeah it was. It was flagged up on here by Roger (but it came in uder the radar as a gift)

Two's Company

There is a Unichip dealer in stockport.  The name escapes me but Dastek will give you a list of 'mappers'.  If you're on a budget then 250 plus circa 100 to get it mapped is worth it IMO.  I have the unichip but there are better things out there now.  I think Wabbit has run a number of chips for some comparisons!

Anonymous

still not sure on whether to get a unichip now while i have the money and get it mapped at a later date or just save up and get an emanage or something and get it installed and mapped. how much better is the emanage compared to the unichip? i know that the apexi pfc would definately make more power but would a greddy emanage make more noticeable power than a unichip? anyone had experience with both?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "liamr2"still not sure on whether to get a unichip now while i have the money and get it mapped at a later date or just save up and get an emanage or something and get it installed and mapped. how much better is the emanage compared to the unichip? i know that the apexi pfc would definately make more power but would a greddy emanage make more noticeable power than a unichip? anyone had experience with both?
When I was NA i used a Unichip with the preloaded American maps and was extremely happy with it. Since going turbo I had to change to an emanage but remember you need to also buy the loom. You can do more with the emanage set up but it will cost you more. I believe the issue with the Apexi pfc is that you loose the engine immobilisation etc  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

think i am going to go for the unichip. everyone who has had one seems to be happy and all seem to say it had made a noticeable difference. how vital do you think the mapping will be? i have mkiii inlet pipe, trd filter, che manifold and team moon exhaust. anyone have any ideas what power i should be making once the unichip is fitted and mapped?

Anonymous

Unichip is better than emanage...1 reason - it can now to cam timing control. Emanage needs the Vmanage unit to do the same and the Vmanage costs £300 ish.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "sjspitz"Unichip is better than emanage...1 reason - it can now to cam timing control. Emanage needs the Vmanage unit to do the same and the Vmanage costs £300 ish.
That must be the new units then  s:?: :?: s:?:  Can you get them with the loom in this country  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

They are. Dastek are swapping my standard Unichip for the Unichip-Q and doing a new mapping session for £305+vat....

Wabbitkilla

Considering the cost of the Unichip-Q and the quoted price above for tuning, you're getting pretty close to the cost of an Apexi PFC with tuning.

Any particular reason why you would choose the Unichip over the Apexi?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Any ideas where I can get my unichip "c" upgraded to a Q or Q+ to fit my mr2 turbo?

Thanks!

ChrisGB

Quote from: "kingfu"Any ideas where I can get my unichip "c" upgraded to a Q or Q+ to fit my mr2 turbo?

Thanks!

As you don't say what area you are based in, best bet is to contact these guys who will let you know your nearest dealer:

http://www.dastekpower.com/U-Connect-index.html

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

muffdan

Silverstone Performance probably have a Unichip Q for sale
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: