Got my first Roadster last night!

Started by Andy_Foz, July 17, 2008, 07:26

Andy_Foz

And Im really happy with it! Its a really fun car to drive, not particularly quick (as I expected) but not as slow as I was expecting. Handling is pretty fantastic, and I must say, I dont think its too dissimilar from my old S1 Elise. All in all, very happy!

Will take some pics at the weekend and post them up!

Andy

Anonymous

Nice one Andy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

T17LUN

Good to hear that Andy  s:) :) s:)

Tee

Stifler

Congratulations, get out there and enjoy it!   s8) 8) s8)

Liz

Goods news - look forward to seeing the pictures.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Andy_Foz

Thank you, everyone! She's boggo standard at the moment (pretty much... not sure if the exhaust is aftermarket? Unless they come with a stainless steel system?). Really after a front splitter and some sideskirts first!

Anyway, this is her as of today. I know there are a million and one things to do, but its early days (well, day!).

Andy

Kool PT

looks very clean, stainless steel exhaust appears to be standard but wheels are not stock.

uk cars have a different stock nosebadge but the one you have is indeed standard on jap models
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Anonymous

They're definitely not stock wheels: Check the tyre sizes on them to make sure they're correct, and don't forget to tell your insurers as well  s;) ;) s;)

Andy_Foz

Oh yes, sorry, I was aware the wheels were aftermarket, forgot to mention that! They are 17" alloys. They arent ugly, I probably wouldnt have bought them, but they will suffice for now and look better than the standard ones I think!

Think my first purchase at the weekend will be some slightly smaller number plates. Nothing too illegal, but something that doesnt represent a dinner tray bolted to the front and back of the car!!!

Andy

Anonymous

Nice car, and well spotted. Can't think why you would buy plates like that unless you pressed the wrong button on the web site??
So, very good first mod.

Anonymous

Checked tyre sizes and makes yet?

dubs

I quite like the square number plates
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Liz

I'd mind your wheels if I were you - look at what they done to the Capri in the background!!

+1 on the tyre make and sizes - you say you have many jobs - hopefully checking those will be your numero uno.

Hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous

Welcome to the club.   s:D :D s:D  

Has anyone mentioned his 'ears'?

Liz

Quote from: "SarahAnn"Welcome to the club.   s:D :D s:D  

No we were leaving that for you to do!!!  s:D :D s:D

onion86

Quote from: "SarahAnn"Welcome to the club.   s:D :D s:D  

I think they look lovely  s:P :P s:P

Welcome to the club  s:) :) s:)  Your car has the one thing mine doesn't yet, but it's here soon!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

trebor

Whats going on behind your seats? - no locker doors?

or is it me?

Bob
2003 SMT. Astral Black de-badged except for Likwid Art rear badge, JDM front badge. JDM wheel caps, JDM steering wheel badge, JDM style side repeaters. mongos. TTE lowering springs

northernalex

Quote from: "trebor"Whats going on behind your seats? - no locker doors?

or is it me?

Bob

Looks like he's got rear passenger mats in there!  Strange.

Oh but welcome to the club. So how do you think this compares to your s1 elise, because not so long ago I was thinking of going the oposite direction to you (getting an s1)

Best,

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Andy_Foz

Checked the tyre sizes and its running 205/40/17s all round. When the rears wear out I think I will squeeze on a 215/40 at the back to give it a little more grip. Certainly doesnt seem skittish round corners though. To be honest, I dont think it has the power to be!

Very much enjoy driving it, though! Alex, it isnt a step up from an Elise. I loved my Elise to bits and would love another one in a year or so when Im in a better position. Doesnt feel drastically slower though to me. Yes, the handling isnt as good, but its loosely comparable, Id say. It wouldnt be my choice if I had the money, however I have more pressing things in my life now (like a family and house to look after!) than a flashy car, this is kind of my compromise!

Andy

Peter Wright

Quote from: "trebor"Whats going on behind your seats? - no locker doors?
I threw mine away, just found them a pain, the contents are hidden by the seats anyway   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

red_leicester

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Checked the tyre sizes and its running 205/40/17s all round. When the rears wear out I think I will squeeze on a 215/40 at the back to give it a little more grip. Certainly doesnt seem skittish round corners though. To be honest, I dont think it has the power to be!

You should try squeezing on some 225s to keep the stagger the same as how those clever Japanese chaps designed the car in the first place   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

Change the rears now Andy, trust us on here we know what usually happens to cars with no staggered tyres eventually.

Andy_Foz

Im not pushing the car hard enough to risk anything, Nelix. Thank you for the concern though. Will replace them when the tyres are worn down enough to warrant it. Cheers though, buddy.   s:) :) s:)  

Andy

Pam - MR2 Only

Welcome Andy, take no notice of this lot   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   but they really do know what they are on about  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Pam
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide

Chris

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Checked the tyre sizes and its running 205/40/17s all round.

That would explain it then I guess - I was gonna say that it looked lowered, but maybe not as the bigger wheels would fill the arches just as well...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: