Lost my nappys

Started by uktotty, October 12, 2008, 23:55

uktotty

Well the toll of the speed bumps and TTE springs have finally taken their toll!
2 bolts have sheared off which hold on the nappys,
I have removed them which I hear is not a major issue.
Can I get the bolts out?
Is there an aftermarket nappy to replace them with?

loadswine

You'll probably have to drill them out to get new ones in.

There was an undertray available, can't remember who made it, C-One or somebody like that probably, but it was not cheap.

Lots run without them, I do, apart from a small ally tray I made to retain the lower rear bumper on mine. You get the engine compartment a bit grubbier, but no problems that i've noticed.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

onion86

I've not had a nappy on mine which doesn't seem to be a problem. Just gets a bit dirtier which could I suppose cause more rust/corrossion compared to running with one.

I know GTSChris had one for sale on eBay the other day for about £35 so I guess they come up occassionally.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

uktotty

What does he have for sale mate? The standard nappy?
I have removed that as the bolts are sheared

roger

You can do  that Russ, but cable ties are an excellent substitution for the bolts.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

custardavenger

If your still coming over to mine. Make it Sunday and we can have a go at fixing yours if it's not totally scrap?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

evileye_wrx

C-One do make front and rear aftermarket nappies. Northern Alex has them on his car, or at least he has the rear on. Prolex or Japan parts for them.

However, a company called Beatrush make exactly the same thing so much less. They can be bought from kamispeed.com in the US for around £75 ish, not inc shipping costs.

Personally, I just never replaced mine when they were last taken off. Think it might be in Ste's garage, or maybe Alex's, who knows.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

uktotty

Quote from: "custardavenger"If your still coming over to mine. Make it Sunday and we can have a go at fixing yours if it's not totally scrap?
They are fine mate, just need the cabletie thing I think.

Russ

Phil they are nice mate but $200 for this

And $275 for this

evileye_wrx

Ah, my price-o-meter was a bit out. Actually looking at the site the C-One parts are slightly cheaper than the Beatrush items. If they do produce the downforce they claim and reduce engine heat too then a good piece of kit.

Phil
Phil

northernalex

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Ah, my price-o-meter was a bit out. Actually looking at the site the C-One parts are slightly cheaper than the Beatrush items. If they do produce the downforce they claim and reduce engine heat too then a good piece of kit.

Phil

I would be surprised if the rear one produces much down force, its attached to the bottom of the bumper and is able to flex as you drive, still, further towards the centre of the car it is anchored nicely. I've not put the front one on yet, and Ive had it for a year.  

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "northernalex"I would be surprised if the rear one produces much down force, its attached to the bottom of the bumper and is able to flex as you drive, still, further towards the centre of the car it is anchored nicely. I've not put the front one on yet, and Ive had it for a year.  

Alex

Yes, you are just lazy!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

uktotty

Quote from: "northernalex"I've not put the front one on yet, and Ive had it for a year.  

Alex

Vulture alert!
DIBS

onion86

Quote from: "uktotty"What does he have for sale mate? The standard nappy?
I have removed that as the bolts are sheared

Ah was just the standard nappy; sorry didn't read your post right   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

northernalex

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "northernalex"I've not put the front one on yet, and Ive had it for a year.  

Alex

Vulture alert!
DIBS

Phil already dibsed it.. but One day I'll put it on  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: