Stock 03 Headunit problem

Started by Anonymous, December 8, 2008, 14:01

Anonymous

Hi.

My 'fisher price' Stock 03 head unit started playing up this morning.

I have done a search but found no matching threads.

All was fine on Friday night last thing, but come to use the car this morning and the unit will not switch on. The screen is blank and not illuminated.
However the CD plays fine - but without any display or any of the buttons working  - including volume.

There must be some power to the unit - is there a separate fuse that may be faulty or (as I fear) the unit itself?

thanks.

roger

The Good Book (for pre 03) says if tape is working, but radio isn't it is the unit. Probably same for CD in post 03.

However you can check the 2 radio fuses in fuse box by passenger door. Top one on RH column of 3, and 4th up from bottom same column.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Well last night, I removed and replaced both radio fuses and the radio came to life again!

Looking at the old fuses themselves, they looked fine - so replaced the new ones with the old ones and the radio still worked fine!

I guess the radio died for unknown reason and the fuse changing caused a reset that kicked it into life.

For anyone who may have a similar problem in the future, my symptoms were no illumination on the radio at all, no buttons working except CD eject and sound only when a CD is inserted at a mid/high volume with no volume adjustment.

Tags: