Mk3 aerial probs

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2008, 10:43

Anonymous

Hi nots sure if anyone can help. i have a mk3 and had it for several years last night the aerial stuck in the upright position. i have read several threads but the motor is still going when the ignition is switced on and off but the mast is not moving at all. any suggestions?

wbarrwebster

Hi,

This has been handled before, I had the same issue......probably the plastic teeth are broken on the tail of the mast. Mt T will charge you about £40 for new mast.
The actual replacement procedure is handled in previous thread.

B
W. B. Webster

Anonymous

My car is 5 years old. This happened to me. To be honest, that's not a problem. I was wishing to be able to hear the radio without raising that silly antenna.

Anonymous

What you can do to fix this is loosen the plastic wheel arch,unscrew the cross hair part at the top that the ariel goes through on the bodywork ,then unscrew the bolt that holds the motor in place behind the wheel arch.At this point you have 2 options,you can get a new mast from MR T for £40 or as its likely that only 2-3" is broken off the flexi teeth part do what i did and feed the mast back into the motor by turning ignition on/off then carefully take cover off motor cover(about 6 screws/bolts) leaving circular flexi teeth holder behind cover in place,find end of teeth and melt into a blob shape with lighter and put everything back together.Arial with be a few inches shorter but will work fine.

Tags: