I have returrrrrned! New toy on my driveway :D

Started by ex-member, January 8, 2009, 13:45

ex-member

LOL it was raining and foggy most of the drive back, so the roof is yet to be down since I actually owned it!

SO looking forward to a dry day though  s:D :D s:D

Gif

Got to say that you'll get the strangest looks while it is yellow.  Pity you are at the other end of the country or the twins could be photographed together   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

ex-member

haha well I can safely say there's not a chance I'm leaving Dundee for more than 30 mins for the next month! Too much travelling this week! 2000 miles dammit!  s:D :D s:D

Liz

Well done on your purchase, and congratulations on your wisdom in buying a car with a confirmed history from a respected member on here....look forward to what you are going to do with it....enjoy!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

filcee

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"I found myself constantly having this Clarkson moments where he'd sit in the car, just smiling, without having to say much about what he's smiling at  s:) :) s:)
I still do that most of the time after 8 months  s:D :D s:D

Thirded - and after 8 years (in June this year)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Gif

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"haha well I can safely say there's not a chance I'm leaving Dundee for more than 30 mins for the next month! Too much travelling this week! 2000 miles dammit!  s:D :D s:D

That's what I said when I picked up mine, 500 miles in the next two days was the result.  Couldn't stay out of it.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

NorthandSouth

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the PERMAGRIN family lol

Love the idea of the white and red combination ...reckon mine would look good white with the red roof   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Dont worry I wont be changing it from sable lol
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

VVT-i

You didn't but that hunk of Junk did you!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

No... you didn't, you followed the excellent advice given to you by the members here and bought yourself a cracker   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Now you know why we MK3 drivers try so desperatley hard to to convert the MK2 owners over on the MR2(MK2)OC, they just have no idea what they are missing out on.

Just imagine it with a turbo...   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I also think it's high time we had some sort of Scottish meet.. there are at leat 3 regular Scottish posters on here now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

ex-member

Haha sounds like a plan mate! but not on sundays as I work sundays (the reason I miss most scots OC meets!).

I'll be arranging a Dundee meet and there seems a few OCers interested, so if you wanna pop along I'll send the info once I've arranged something  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Glad it all worked out, enjoy the new car.  s:D :D s:D

VVT-i

Send the details and we'll see what happens... work tends to get in the way of meets for me too... only real time I get now is a Sunday... and Saturdays are a big no no.. not much chance of getting one of those off work.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

rtbiscuit

congrats on the new car,

marks car is a lovely example, and i'm sure you'll have many happy miles of motoring.

just out of interest mark, what model of jag are you looking for, and do you still have the vx?
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

markiii

VX is staying Jag, I'm tempted by an XJS to replace teh barge
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

damonlaw88

Congratulations dude.
White car with red rims ayyyy?
Sounds like a plan dude. Me and a few friends was discussing whether we should spray my advans orange lol.
I kinda said no haha
2004 Black MR2 Roadster - 17" Advans RG White - Tein S Tech Springs - Trials Front bumper and Side skirts - Custom Black Headlight - Hardtop - GReddy Pillar Pod - Defi Oil Temp - Defi Oil Pressure - Defi control Link - Alpine CVA1004R - Centurion Multiregion DVD player - Acoustics Solution custom sub box - Alpine 10" type S - Alpine sat nav - Red caliper - CHE Manifold

ex-member

Haha orange could work if on the right car!

Wabbitkilla

I like the White car Red details - looks good.

I've also seen a lovely white car that's now out of the club unfortunately, it had Elise seats in it and was a beautiful example.
Looking forward to seeing how you go with this.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

northernalex

Quote from: "VVT-i"Just imagine it with a turbo...   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I'm sure Mark is the one to ask what the car is like with a turbo. It did have one strapped onto it for a while  s:) :) s:)  

Always liked the yellow.. but do whatever you want to it visual mod wise.. Its your car.. have somefun  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

steveybmr2-173

Been telling you for weeks Marks car was a nice example, and a good buy with the extra goodies it still had! Look forward to see what you have in store for her, welcome to the fold mate!  s:D :D s:D

Star_69

Nice to see you've finally got a good one! Bet it was well worth the wait!

White does look great. Porsches, Astons and Elises look fantasic in white. Seems to be the new silver. I'd be torn between white and matt black
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

ex-member

UPDATE; the ol' man's agreed to spray it (most terrifying call of my life!) but i offered to kit it as i didnt wanna push my luck considering the MASS of body work he did to my now-sold mk2!

WIN! May the modding begin  s:D :D s:D

onion86

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"UPDATE; the ol' man's agreed to spray it (most terrifying call of my life!) but i offered to kit it as i didnt wanna push my luck considering the MASS of body work he did to my now-sold mk2!

WIN! May the modding begin  s:D :D s:D

Good Luck  s:) :) s:)  Maybe make a new project thread   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

ex-member

Well I would, but was there a decision on the new project threads forum?

markiii

just start it in an appropriate forum we can slways move it if the projects forum goes ahead  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Good stuff, will do  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Congrats on the new motor Mark   s:D :D s:D  

Really like the idea of the white and red combo   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: