Spats/splitters/extensions gallery?

Started by Kool PT, March 2, 2009, 13:31

davidhowson

Phil - What's the mesh front grille you have on there?
Will - Well done for braving the cold weather!! You need one of those (illegal) F1 diffusers now!!
-David-

WillsSayers

Beggars can't be choosers with weather, unfortunately! Do you have a link to such an F1 diffuser, my Good Sir?

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

kentsmudger

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Do you have a link to such an F1 diffuser, my Good Sir?

Leg pull from davidhowson, I'm afraid.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

evileye_wrx

Zunsports Grill. Bought from someone on here who bought it in the Group buy of last year

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

WillsSayers

How annoying, doesn't seem to matter how long I leave the extensions to harden, they just peel right off under their own weight : Anyone got any tricks or tips, or shall I just get a bodyshop to whack it on?

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

uktotty

Use stickier sticky stuff?

ex-member

Tiger seal dude  s:D :D s:D  The strongest money can buy! (disclaimer, I might be wrong on that one...)

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Tiger seal dude  s:D :D s:D  The strongest money can buy! (disclaimer, I might be wrong on that one...)
+1

Worked for me.

B
W. B. Webster

ex-member

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Tiger seal dude  s:D :D s:D  The strongest money can buy! (disclaimer, I might be wrong on that one...)
+1

Worked for me.

B

Swear by the stuff! We stuck a wooden pole to the garage ceiling and left it a couple of days....it could hold my own weight! And thats just the small end of a 2x4!

WillsSayers

I may have to purchase some tomorrow then (grumblegrumblenomoneyuntilpayday)!

WillsSayers

Et fini!

WillsSayers

One last shot ;D

ex-member

Very nice matey  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Looks really nice!

Ilogik

im not usually a fan of that kit as i feel it looks to plain, but on the yellow car with hard top, i think it changed my mind.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

WillsSayers

I like the subtle approach  s:) :) s:)  I may get a new kit at some point, but this is great for getting rid of the girly curves the car has as standard, and for being dirt cheap. Think it cost me £180 sprayed or sommat daft!

Don't know what kit I'd like actually. I think I'd like the Trial front bumper, with JDL skirts, not sure about the rear. Anyone else think the JDL skirts are VERY nicely styled? The way the wheel arch seems to connect from one side to the other?  s:) :) s:)

alancdavis

No nails adhesive and flexible filler.......
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

WillsSayers

I like it sir, I like it. However, could you get any more badges on the back of your car?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

alancdavis

All stock.........bar one,  s8) 8) s8)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

ex-member

Awww I like that! Makes me wanna fit my MS design kit!  s:D :D s:D

davidhowson

After much faffing about with carbon fibre covering, I stuck with plain black!
I'm not convinced about them, but for £4.99 from ebay I though I would give it a go.

WillsSayers

I'd like to try them with my front lip on, but I don't think it'd work with a standard bumper like yours.

evileye_wrx

Did you put a spacer between splitter and bumper? I used a couple of washers to make a space between the two. Comparing them I think the ones I have look to be generally larger as they stick out a lot more at the front.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

davidhowson

You're right about them looking better with the front lip as the standard bumper bends away from the splitter.
I didn't use any washers or other spacers, I just used the OEM screws that hold the whole front end together to secure the splitters - that way I can take them off again without leaving any big holes!  s8) 8) s8)  
Thanks for the feed back tho, looks like they will be coming off again!!
-David-

philster_d

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Swear by the stuff! We stuck a wooden pole to the garage ceiling and left it a couple of days....it could hold my own weight!

Uhuh

Tags: