Spats/splitters/extensions gallery?

Started by Kool PT, March 2, 2009, 13:31

RSpyder

Anyone else have any more pics of their spats? I have a used rear set and ordered the fronts for my post facelift. Would it look funny or like something is missing if I have just front and rear spats but nothing for the sides? My roadster will be lowered on springs with a hardtop...any feedback??? Thanks

Peter

trigzmr2

Toyota uk spats, front, rear, skirts:

(West country accent) MR2 - For all the worlds best \'mazdabeaters\'!!

trigzmr2

Personally, I reckon it would look fine with front and rear spats and no skirts, especially lowered. It would just provide a little depth front and rear. improvement front and rear has gotta be better than none at all in my humble opinion. Plus you can always add the skirts at some point to finish it off, I was worried mine wouldn't look right unless was lowered but am happy with result, even though I still intend to lower it!
(West country accent) MR2 - For all the worlds best \'mazdabeaters\'!!

Anonymous

I made my own front splitters  here:   l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25184&hilit=splitters l

popcorn

Toyota UK spats front and rear

JiMR2

have they been smoothed in Popcorn?!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

popcorn

Yeah i got the front and rears flushed, costs a little more, but peronally I prefer the flushed look.

m312

Would that UK kit fit a pre-facelift?

I know the rear bumpers are the same, but what about the skirts and front spats? Would they fit?

Anonymous

Skirts yes,front spats no.

nathanMR2

Will rear spats fit with mud flaps one on a pre facelift?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

No

nathanMR2

Thanks for that. Thats that problem solved

Do the universal spliters look of on the standard facelift bumper or is that a no go. I know someone else mentioned that the bumper curves away too much. Just wondering if anyone else has tried?

Anonymous

I would say no as they are not wide enough for the curve in the bumper but if you look on page 1 of this thread Phil(evil eye xc) fitted something similar to his.

nathanMR2

I found some Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant - Black on a well know auction site. Can someone confirm that this is the best stuff for sticking on my splitters   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  Just want to make sure

nathanMR2

So of you may have seen my Spat/Splitter combo at CAE. Just thought id add some pictures in the gallery.....

Tags: