First MR2 Need Help

Started by amble-gamble, March 14, 2009, 19:46

amble-gamble

Hello Everyone,

I picked up my first 2 its Black on a W and has 86k on the clock.
I love it...after 1 day

It is running a bit wierd...it idles @ 800rpm (No Rattles, No tappets, No Smoke, Clean Dip Stick)...when I apply the throttle the revs go down to about 400rpm...if I'm driving the car and go to pull away in 1st it just doesn't move until the revs come back (i.e. Dip the clutch).

Cleaned the MAF, reset ECU, Checked plugs...still the same  s:( :( s:(  

Any ideas more than welcome

darkday

Are you sure you're giving it enough gas when you start out? It sounds like you are letting the clutch out too soon but maybe I'm reading things wrong here and am just confused...

spit

Welcome to the ROC  s8) 8) s8)  

I don't know! but a few thoughts - may be bunkum but worth a look before getting more serious?

- what darkday said! (exacerbated by too much slack in the throttle cable?)
- Grubby flat spot on the throttle position sensor (if its happening on de-clutch across all gears?)
- Split in corrugated section of throttle body pipe (after MAF) that could open as the engine flexes (and close as you ride the clutch)
- Check TB breather hoses are intact and well seated
- IAC valve stuck (any difference between cold-start and warm-start performance?)
- Naff MAF   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

amble-gamble

Cheers Darkday 20 years since I passed my test pretty sure it's the car

Cheers Spit I will check them tomorrow, thinking about it it does happen through the gears so I will check the cable and sensor first.  s:!: :!: s:!:

amble-gamble

Does have anyone have a diagram or pic of the throttle body?

uktotty

I have a MAF as per your last thread.
Custard will have a pic of the throttle body

Tags: