Turbo oil return fittings

Started by SimonC_Here, April 28, 2009, 12:04

SimonC_Here

Now I've got a new oil pan with a welded oil return fitting, I just need to replace the actual oil return line.
The current one is a bit tatty and has a push fit connector with a jubilee clip holding it on to the oil pan.
Now my new return has a thread so I'm guessing I need something like This I just can't remember what the bit that attaches to the turbo looks like on mine.

I have a thought that it's some kind of banjo bolt at the turbo end or is that the coolant line?

markiii

pop to pirtek and they will make you up one to exact spec for peanuts
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

scottish_turbo

Quote from: "markiii"pop to pirtek and they will make you up one to exact spec for peanuts

Thats exactly what I did. It was definately worth doing as it made a big difference as I was constantly having problems with my oil return line.

SimonC_Here

Oh, just down the road.

NickNJ

do you need to fit a new oil pan when fitting the turbo?
Black MR2 Roadster

philster_d

Not a new pan, but you will have extra oil lines for the turbo. So it needs a place to return to the system.

HTH

Phil

SimonC_Here

I've got 3 now!

The one in the car leaks a bit. I've got a stock one and a modified 2zz one which I'm going to fit when I've got the oil return pipe.

markiii

Quote from: "NickNJ"do you need to fit a new oil pan when fitting the turbo?

no but we will need to remove the old one and drill/tap it

unless of course your kit comes with one
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

NickNJ

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "NickNJ"do you need to fit a new oil pan when fitting the turbo?

no but we will need to remove the old one and drill/tap it

unless of course your kit comes with one

I'll cross the bridge when I get to it then  s:) :) s:)
Black MR2 Roadster

Tags: