My first drive in 2 - thoughts...

Started by Anonymous, February 8, 2004, 23:24

Anonymous

Best try places like  w www.autotrader.co.uk w  and your local newspapers then mate. You could always try a main dealer and see if they have anything in stock....?

Anonymous

im on autotrader like a hawk every single mornin! not many 2's round here so cant really see any being advertised in local papers but you never know. Went into my local toyota couple of weeks ago, said they'd phone me if anythin comes up.

Might be going to have a look at one on saturday, its only done 10,000 miles! is a w plate, but the thing that puts me off is it has 17" wheels and a sports exhaust which may suggest its a bit of a boy racers car??

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"lovely example, but i really want one with low 20k-ish miles on it. need to find one asap as i haven't got a car at the mo!

Obviously if you want a very low mileage car, then that might be right for you, but are you sure?  Personally I would rather buy a car that has been used.  
I would rather buy a car which has been used a good amount for the age.  I would also rather buy a high mileage newer car than spend the same amount on an older lower mileage one.  90% of engine wear will occur in the first couple of miles of each journey and brakes don't like not being used etc.  

If you're sure then fine, but just think, Steve's car will have done about 35 of it's 37k miles nicely warmed up.  I have no connection with Steve or interest in his car btw!

Andy

Anonymous

i do like to drive my cars hard though   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   so im just worried about something breaking while i have it.

So buying a 2 that has been used only as a secondary car at weekends (like a lot of 2's), is not a good idea then?

Slacey

Quote from: "Tomr2"...but the thing that puts me off is it has 17" wheels and a sports exhaust which may suggest its a bit of a boy racers car??
Hmm, not always. Mine has 17's and an exhaust (among many other things) and is pushed at times, but couldn't be more cosseted and looked after. Go look at the car anyway, and suss the owner out for yourself... you'll be able to tell if he's a Max Muppet / Boy Racer type I expect  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"i do like to drive my cars hard though   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   so im just worried about something breaking while i have it.

So buying a 2 that has been used only as a secondary car at weekends (like a lot of 2's), is not a good idea then?

Wouldn't be my choice, though I am sure others will disagree.  

IMHO, there will be no difference in your chances of breaking a 20k mile or a 35k mile car.  They are designed to withstand very high mileages, including driving hard, but if you drive without mechanical sympathy you could break either.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Tomr2"...but the thing that puts me off is it has 17" wheels and a sports exhaust which may suggest its a bit of a boy racers car??
Hmm, not always. Mine has 17's and an exhaust

Agreed. Sean could never be classed as a boy racer...more like an old bloke enthusiast.

It's the same with most of us. Just look at the mod lists and GB's. Many of us are just into styling our 2's with 17" wheels, sports exhausts, lowering springs and body kits. We like to try and make our 2's a bit more unique and non standard. Just beacuse our beloved 2's are kitted up doesn't mean we race around like Max Muppets......

...........except maybe Martin (mph)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

never know though, im all for the sports exhaust as the standard one sounds crap but im not too sure about 17" wheels, id much prefer the standard 15's as im more into performance than cosmetics

Slacey

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Agreed. Sean could never be classed as a boy racer...more like an old bloke enthusiast.
We'll take this up off forum, eh Peter  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"never know though, im all for the sports exhaust as the standard one sounds crap but im not too sure about 17" wheels, id much prefer the standard 15's as im more into performance than cosmetics

My friend, we will get along.

....even if I am looking at 16" wheels.

Chris

Quote from: "Tomr2"im on autotrader like a hawk every single mornin! not many 2's round here so cant really see any being advertised in local papers but you never know. Went into my local toyota couple of weeks ago, said they'd phone me if anythin comes up.

Might be going to have a look at one on saturday, its only done 10,000 miles! is a w plate, but the thing that puts me off is it has 17" wheels and a sports exhaust which may suggest its a bit of a boy racers car??

How about a black one with 10k?!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=2418 m
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tags: