Rattle when the hood is down

Started by Thudd, June 22, 2009, 11:40

Thudd

Any ideas what could be causing a rattle when my hood is back? Seems to be coming from behind my ear towards the radio.
Noticeable when going over bumpetty roads. Bugs the hell out of me. Sounds like a tinny metallic tapping rattle.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Thudd"Any ideas what could be causing a rattle when my hood is back? Seems to be coming from behind my ear towards the radio.
Noticeable when going over bumpetty roads. Bugs the hell out of me. Sounds like a tinny metallic tapping rattle.

Could be the catches rattling, but main suspect would be the little plastic insert in the roof release handle that has "Pull" written on it (the handle you use to release the roof when it is down). That particular item bugged the hell out of me until I consigned it to the bin.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Thudd

A run out at lunch makes me think it's possibly the door catch, or something close to that over my right shoulder

spit

Quote from: "ChrisGB"the little plastic insert in the roof release handle that has "Pull" written on it (the handle you use to release the roof when it is down). That particular item bugged the hell out of me until I consigned it to the bin.

That's been on my list of things to do for so long now  s:D :D s:D  .

Over your right ear, hardtop flylead is a favourite if you've got one. Pull the side panel from the bins and have a furtle around.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: