Turbo spark plugs, what do you use? and is Imp/uk maf same?

Started by Ilogik, July 10, 2009, 15:43

Ilogik

Guessing now I have a turbo would be better to go for a colder grade spark plug?  

and finally does the UK and import maf sensor differ or all the same, and can anyone recommend where to buy them? looked at Camskill they are £120.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

muffdan

cheaptoyotaparts for the MAF, import and UK spec are the same.

I use NGK Iridium plugs from MWR
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ilogik

Quote from: "muffdan"cheaptoyotaparts for the MAF, import and UK spec are the same.

I use NGK Iridium plugs from MWR

Wicked is there different ones, or just one set iridium one bud?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

don;t bother with iridiums just changethem mor eoften

I've used NGK copper BKR6EY11 on all teh 9 turbos I've installed with no issues

make sure they are in before you get it mapped
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

muffdan

Iridium lasts longer but the quality of the spark isn't as good as that produced by copper. I had NGK Iridium plugs on the SP350 setup and noticed no problems with them so thought I might as well stick with them and $9 each is damn cheap!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

roger

Quote from: "markiii"I've used NGK copper BKR6EY11 on all the 9 turbos I've installed with no issues

Not sure if one of them was mine - but I've had no trouble (bought them from Halfords as well!!)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "markiii"I've used NGK copper BKR6EY11 on all the 9 turbos I've installed with no issues

Not sure if one of them was mine - but I've had no trouble (bought them from Halfords as well!!)

yep, if you'd had iridiums they would have been £70+ and you would remember
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

custardavenger

Got my iriduims from opie, was a good deal. £35 ish i think
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Tem

Quote from: "muffdan"Iridium lasts longer but the quality of the spark isn't as good as that produced by copper.

There are iridiums and then there are iridiums. Most of the iridiums are actually "economy" plugs, which last forever, but aren't really that good. Then there are "power" plugs, which don't last that long, but are better when it comes to the spark.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spit

If you can find BKR6E without the suffix, then they're already pre-gapped to 0.9 mm , so they go straight in.

If you opt for the Y11 then you're buying plugs gapped at 1.1mm.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

y11 also have a longer nose from memory

loadswine

Aren't you normally advised to have copper plugs in when mapping is done, in case of knock damaging the electrode and sending particles into the engine?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Hadn't heard that Nige

Oh, and big nose - yarp!

1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

onion86

i put 4 BKR6E plugs in about 4 hours ago, they were (as Ste said) gapped to 0.9mm (now 0.8mm) £7.50 delivered for the whole set.

I'll let you know how they are once i get everything else finished off tomorrow as most of this evening was spent getting the rust bucket of a manifold and cat off the car!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: