SOS quick query!!!

Started by ex-member, September 9, 2009, 15:11

ex-member

Guys....VERY important I know this soon as its the long drive to jae in the morning!

Anyways, could someone check to see how many thread turnsyou have visible above the big centre nuts for the front struts (in the frunk) please?

I've just replaced them all, but can only get about 1.5 thread turns viewable above the nut and Mark had said 3 or 4....but it wont budge! Oh, and to top it off I'm not working with a torque wrench just to mix thigns up a little!

markiii

sorry not rung you back yet bud, been on teh phone all day solid

you will nbever get 3 to 4 threads

2 is realistically as much as should protrude from teh nut, which is fine as you have a nut nearly 15mm tall, so theres plenty of thread engaged
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

No worries about calling me back matey  s:) :) s:)

And woops, I thought you said 3 or 4 turns was right? (by turns, I'm talking about visible thread above the top of the nut?) Oh well 1 and a bit should be fine hopefully then!

markiii

that should be fine, but I'll take a look in person on Saturday if you want piece of mind
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

If I make it there, it would be appreciated, cheers Mark  s:) :) s:)

Either way, it's more than it was before which is good. I did the rears too just for peace of mind  s:) :) s:)

Tags: