B4st4rds keyed my car!!

Started by Anonymous, February 18, 2004, 21:17

Anonymous

I don't believe it!  I just got out to my car and I found 3 scratches 2 ft long and going down to the metal/primer in places.

Because it covers the front wing and the door it looks like I'm going to have to fork out to get both panels re-painted Lagoon Blue.

I have no idea as to the cost and no wish whatsoever to claim on insurance so I'm going to attempt the Mer kit option.

Is it a lost cause with such heeeyowge scratches?....or will patience and elbow grease to the job.  I'd quite like to have a go at it.  Def a skill worth picking up.

What posses these single helix DNA low life charvers to do this?  If I find out which of the local burberry cap brigade did this I may need restraining!

Kris - HELP!!

Anonymous

Gutted for you, know exactly how you feel.

Now where was that thread about guns?

Anonymous

dont panic... a scratch is just like a long stone chip, and they are as easy to sort. put it this way, if its that bad, the mer kit wont make it any worse!

simple steps.

put paint JUST inside the scratch, not over it.
2 coats should do, apply with a cocktail stick or the cards they supply.You dont want the paint to stand proud, thats what the lacquer will do.
then lacquer it up, this will harden the area.
then use the sand paper to smooth it down
then use the cream to polish it up.

they supply a vid with the kit so watch that mate, it does help.

If your anywhere near me then if you paint & laquer it, im happy to help with the scratches as best i can (but cant be held resposible!)

Do all the painting over one weekend and then sand & polish it the following.

Good luck mate.

Anonymous

Kris

How annoying.  I was in MK seeing Argos today before it happened!

I've ordered the MER kit from ....(blush) QVC for a very reasonable...drum roll..... £17.99

Can you give me an idea what the paint colour might be.  I can't see lagoon blue as an option on any sites.  Could it be dark metallic blue?

Anonymous

Kris - it's the same colour as yours.....what's that?  Only difference being the TTE pipes and spring I think....and a lot less well looked after I'd imagine.

I may very well take you up on your offer of help.  Watch this space.

Anonymous

I think its down as Dark Mica Blue (the code is 8M6). you can get a small pot from toyota that should be enough, remember you wont actually use that much paint.

If your around this area one weekend let me know and we can give it a go together if you like.

Anonymous

Gutted for you, my brother has a pristine Mk2 '2 & some NED did the same thing to his, what do they get out of it??  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   He ended up painting the whole nearside - I hope that yours isn't that bad!

Tags: