Zunsport Grill / mesh advice

Started by bridgemr2, October 10, 2009, 14:11

bridgemr2

Zunsport grill fitted to my 2 courtesy of Evileye's big sale!   s:D :D s:D    Really pleased with how it looks and was simple to fit.

I'm now thinking that i might like to 'mesh up' my vents and rear grill/bumper inserts to balance with the look of the front grill. I've seen the guide about meshing the side vents but was wondering how people had approached meshing the rear. I'm not wanting to spend a lot and was wondering whether there was a simple way to do the job without it looking naff? Also, any tips as to a budget source for suitable mesh?

bridgemr2

bump - original post changed.

roger

Zunsport were asked if they would do the rear ones, but too expensive and no demand.

Unfortunately cheap mesh looks just that, you'll notice how the Zunsport crosses over without welding. To stop it collapsing you need to weld the edges, or at least keep them together. A lot more difficult on smaller bits.

I have got a small grill at the back...

which was made by some US racing firm whose name I can't immediately remember, now out of business (not MWR) which I bought S/H some time ago. They did do one for the bottom grill as well - but I thought was a bit too much (in the bling stakes), so never did anything about it.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

muffdan

I meshed my rear with ripspeed (  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) alluminium mesh purchased from Halfrauds. The center piece was a bit tricky but I cut out the plastic from its plastic frame and replaced it with the piece of mesh. The pieces each side of the bumper started life as TTE bumper inserts. I then took out the black mesh TTE used and replaced with this mesh. You can't see it in the picture but I used the same meshed on the engine cover grills and also meshed up my front TTE bumper. And because I had some left, I then meshed up my heater vents inside the car too!

Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Acehole

no offence guys but i dont really like the chicken wire look   s:? :? s:?
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

bridgemr2

Quote from: "Acehole"no offence guys but i dont really like the chicken wire look  s:? :? s:?

It's all about personal taste - From a personal point of view I think it will look good on my black car, but i'll definitely be doing a test run before committing.  I suppose choice of wire is an important consideration too.

ps: I have 2 chickens in my garden (free range of course)   s:D :D s:D

nathanMR2

Quote from: "muffdan"I meshed my rear with ripspeed (  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) alluminium mesh purchased from Halfrauds. The center piece was a bit tricky but I cut out the plastic from its plastic frame and replaced it with the piece of mesh. The pieces each side of the bumper started life as TTE bumper inserts. I then took out the black mesh TTE used and replaced with this mesh. You can't see it in the picture but I used the same meshed on the engine cover grills and also meshed up my front TTE bumper. And because I had some left, I then meshed up my heater vents inside the car too!

Do you have any pictures of the heater vents at all please?

Ive got some mesh left over from my sidevent mod. Just wondered how it would look before i start ripping stuff out   s:D :D s:D
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: