Hard Top Size : Help Wanted

Started by Anonymous, February 22, 2004, 11:47

Anonymous

Hi - can anyone supply me with the EXACT dimensions for the Hard Top?

Reason being I maybe able to get it into my estate car to get it home if I buy one.

Ive taken rough measurements from the soft-top and I think it will go - if anyone has a specification sheet or even measure their own as a guide - please let me know.

Savin ££'s on hiring a van would probably help a great deal towards a fixing kit!!.

Ta

Anonymous

Im taking mine off to adjust something later today so if you can wait a couple of hours ill measure it for you.

Anonymous

Not exact because it is still on the car (& it's just started to snow up here  s:x :x s:x  )

Height = 36cm
width = 137cm - the same as your engine cover lid
length = 125cm

But wait for Kris' measurements which will probably be more accurate if he is taking the top off the car.

Anonymous

I got:
128cm front to back
148cm side to side
36cm top to bottom

Width is giving a little extra so you dont squeeze it in and damage it.

Looks like Roadblade was pretty close!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Mine was nearer roadblades going from the soft-top.

Thanks everyone for info.

I may take the advice from Roadblade over PM which was to get a fixing kit first and collect it with the MR2 and make sure its all good upon collection.

Just have to test my own patience on that one though!!!

Thank-you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "silvermr2"Mine was nearer roadblades going from the soft-top.

remember the soft top is INSIDE the car, and the hard top cover that completely and goes OUTSIDE the car... if that makes sence?   s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Kris - your fixing guide is being well used at the moment, I forwarded the link to Silvermr2  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D   I used it & had no problems.

Anonymous

no probs - ive had so many people download it, last month it was the most downloaded file on my site!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Its not one i created though, someone on here sent it to me - i simply host it.

Anonymous

Borrow one of those yaris estate things, mine went in easy.

Anonymous

Ive got a Focus estate and the measurements (diagonally so youd have to load it at an angle) is very nearly 1280mm (close to the real measurements).

All other dimensions are OK - just I may not risk messing about if I have to drive loads of miles to collect one and it dont fit!.

Thanks

Anonymous

You may as well have the fitting kit installed first, unless someone near you (or the seller) already has a hard top on their car and is willing to pick it up for you - thats what mark done with my top.

Anonymous

Thats my plan - Im sourcing the fitting kit this week and then looking to buy one - that way I can ensure the HT is OK when buying/collecting and its probably the best way to bring it home.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Tags: