Another central locking problem.

Started by The Lum, December 14, 2009, 19:55

The Lum

Well I've noticed that my car had started to stop locking or unlocking. I've read alot of the "It could be a wireless signal", "change the battery in the fob" and "Check for water in footwell" but none of these seem to be the issue. Does anyone have any other idea's as its starting to really annoy me.
The man. The legend. The Lum

E

If my neighbour parks his vauxhall next to mine on the drive I have to go right up to my car to make it lock or unlock some how it interferes with the signal so has your neighbour bought a new car.

The Lum

All seems ok when at home. Most noticeable when in a car park with other cars i suppose. So thats maybe a shout. Is there anyway to disable the alarm completely for instances where I dont want to open the car in a middle of a busy car park looking like a fudd???
The man. The legend. The Lum

E

Next time it happens hold the Key as close to the alarm as possible which if its in the standard position will be about central on the bonnet and it should work. I would strongly recomend against disabling the alarm.

roger

Quote from: "E"If my neighbour parks his vauxhall next to mine on the drive I have to go right up to my car to make it lock or unlock some how it interferes with the signal so has your neighbour bought a new car.

I had a situation 2 days ago when a colleague with an Astra parked next to mine unlocked her car at the same time as I did mine. Both unlocked, but my alarm started. Had to lock/unlock to reset it. First time ever, but it shows (I think) that they are very prone to interference.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Years ago, waiting to use asdas jet wash, guy was washing his cavalier, prog. changed to rinse and as the beeps sounded his doors all locked.

Of course he had left his keys in the ignition and had a baby in the car. Totally panicked, wanting to smash a window to gain entry. I calmed him down and inserted my token in the hope that the cycle beeps would unlock the car but no such luck,. By now the guy was having kittens although the baby was sleeping peacefully.  I asked where he lived, it was 5 mins away so got him to call his wife who nipped down with a spare key, panic over.

No thanks of course, as he sped off leaving me with no token and a still dirty car.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Also when i bought my current roadster, every time i put the alarm on it disconnected my broadband, had to change the channel in the router.

Tags: