Insurance Information Help

Started by heathstimpson, March 1, 2004, 20:37

heathstimpson

To cut a long story short our other car (don't laught MPV) got involved in a very minor shunt in the school car park early December. The other car a Celica, door was caved in but there was nothing but a small scratch on our bumper, so I gave him my number etc and told him that he could get a quote at my uncles body shop which he said he would do. Since then we have never heard nothing until he texted me today saying he wanted to sort it out and had not seen me down the school. Basically I'm very suspicious as why would anyone wait ten weeks before contacting me  s:?: :?: s:?:  (No insurance/tax/Mot  s:?: :?: s:?: ) And how long can you leave it before claiming  s:?: :?: s:?:  What's the best thing to say when I ring  s:?: :?: s:?:  Not sure how to play it...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Stick with the original offer of getting a quote at your uncles place.

If he starts playing games, just tell him to make a claim on his insurance.  If he hasn't got it, tough luck, if he has then your insurer and his will sort it all out and while you'll take a hit on the old NCB, at least you won't have to deal with some tosser/jerk/rip-off merchant.

Oh, and again, if he claims that more damage was done than in reality (a possible for the delay), let his insurers and yours sort it out... you can deny, your insurers will then argue on your behalf.

Tags: