New Two

Started by andy2407, February 20, 2010, 22:32

andy2407

Hi,

Picked up my new car a couple of weeks ago so I decided its about time I got a few pics up....

A 2002 (originally 52 plate) with 97k miles on the clock - should be run in by now I guess.

I'm a keen detailer so I'm looking forward to getting the dual action polisher out for a full paint correction session when the weather improves, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it. As this is a second car (I've just started a new job with a company car) I'm hoping I might have half a chance of keeping it clean once its done.

Other than that the plan is to keep it standard - but having spent far too much money modding my previous car (a Fabia vRS now owned by my girlfriend) I know what a bad influence these internet forums are!

This place seems like a good friendly forum - I've been doing a lot of reading already - so many thanks to everyone for their useful posts.

I'll look forward to getting along to a meet  as well - I've met some great friends through the  w www.briskoda.net w  meets (I know there are few on here) - and had some fantastic trips including a 1000 mile each way drive to Prague.

ChrisGB

Hi Andy

Welcome to the club. Modified Fabia VRS eh? Sounds familiar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I had one for three years, was a brilliant car. Really regret selling it on now.

Nice and shiny, but do check the threads about mixed tyres  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

inert2k3

Welcome along

The black and red looks great   s8) 8) s8)  

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

s12vea

Welcome to the club!  :-) :-) :-)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Wabbitkilla

Welcome to the club Andy, bring on the good weather eh
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Welcome to the club Andy

I'm sorry to say you have made the biggest mistake of your life in (a) buying a Roadster and (b) joining this club   s:? :? s:?  

I am not saying this because of sour grapes........Well, yes I am. Since getting my car and joining MR2Roc in 2003, this damned car of mine has cost an absolute fortune   s:x :x s:x  

First of all there are the subtle modifications, then come the group buys and worst of all there are the meets, do you know they actually made me do two trips to Corfu...CORFU!!!!! I ask you?? and this year because of this terrible club I will have to join one of the French member groups on a trip to Alsace then a drive round the Black forest area, not to mention CAE, Southern softies etc. etc. in this country......

Yep, these cars are money pits    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Enjoy your stay   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Les

stargazer30

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Hi Andy

Nice and shiny, but do check the threads about mixed tyres  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Chris

+1 nearly binned mine after 2 weeks of ownership due to mixed tyres and dodgy tyre pressures   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

andy2407

Welcome to the club. Modified Fabia VRS eh? Sounds familiar  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I had one for three years, was a brilliant car. Really regret selling it on now.

Chris
At least mine is still in the family - my girlfriend is now driving it - although some of the mods are off now.

And her car (another Fabia vRS) was sold to a member on here. Perhaps we need to start a "BriskMR2" sub-forum!

andy2407

Quote from: "Les"A warning...

...these cars are money pits

Oh well - my "no modding" policy lasted just over 12 hours.

A pair of small Mongos are now on order!

StuM

Welcome Andy - from another old Briskonian, I went from my '55' Fab vRS to my 2 and do miss the Fabia at times - until it is a clear, sunny day, and then... for some reason... all is forgotten!  s;) ;) s;)
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

andywood

Quote from: "andy2407"

Chris
At least mine is still in the family - my girlfriend is now driving it - although some of the mods are off now.

And her car (another Fabia vRS) was sold to a member on here. Perhaps we need to start a "BriskMR2" sub-forum!

Well done mate, glad you finally got the correct choice of 2-seater convertible sorted.

Katies Fabia is still going just fine - mr2/vRS seems to be a good car combo to have for all seasons and all occasions   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

nathanMR2

Wecome,

Def picked the best colour mate, but then im a little bias! Black always looks great clean and shiny its just so hard to keep it that way! Forever polishing the thing!

If your a detailer already im guessing you have your own products. but so far for me ive seen the best results with-

McGuires Tech Wax and the a coat of Poorboys XL sealant
Poorboys tyre dressing
And Autogylm vinyl protector for the roof.

Ul find some pictures of mine around here to check the results   s8) 8) s8)  

I said no mods when i joined this club........ and then once id done one or 2 things i said no more....... the list keeps growing though   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: