If you could respray your car……..

Started by WillsSayers, May 10, 2010, 08:57

WillsSayers

What colour would you spray it? Was having a hypothetical conversation with my brother about this yesterday, as the panels I'll be buying for my car will not be yellow. This raised the question whether I would respray a few parts to be blue (same colour as the new panels), spray all the new panels to be yellow, or go crazy and spray the whole car a wild colour – Kawasaki Green, ST Orange, a stronger yellow......?

But if you had the opportunity to respray your car, and assuming the job would be done properly, what colour would you go and why?

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

s12vea

ST orange would look good with a set of dark 17" tucked under the arches!  s8) 8) s8)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

I always fancied a really good flip colour going from deep green to blue   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s12vea

Audi bright white would also look good !
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

K1D

I'd go the crazy color route. But thats just me.

ST Orange would be amazing, I used Suzuki burnt orange pearl for my accent which if I ever have to go with a full body re-spray for the 2 I'd go with always.

JudoKilli

I would have said white, but with so many bmw/audi/merc owners ordering their new cars in white it doesn't look special any more.

If I had the chance I'd go for something totally out there, like you said, lambo green, ST orange etc. I think with the performance of your V6 you can definitely pull it off!

I know some of you are gonna hate this, but I really like the "fast & furious" style of cars. Bright colours which stand out, a few decals (probably proof of my immaturity).

stargazer30

ST orange would be good, but be aware the ford stuff is a 9 layer paint   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    Its nigh on impossible to match in if you get a scratch too.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

stargazer30

Quote from: "JudoKilli"I know some of you are gonna hate this, but I really like the "fast & furious" style of cars. Bright colours which stand out, a few decals (probably proof of my immaturity).

+1 and 32 years old!  I've always wanted to put neons under my car just love the look of them but I'd never live it down lol  ... gets his coat...
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Mike68

I'd go for something a bit unique. Across the bonnet and one of the wings I'd like the MR2 eagle emblem in pearl. At different angles the parts of the emblem would be visible. Colour scheme would be the already mentioned blue/green with the blue being the main colour of the car.

I've seen this done on a beetle with flames and was awesome.
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

BenSayers

Told you garish colours where for the win...  s;) ;) s;)  Electric Orange (ST) or Takata Green are pure win.
Ex MINI GP owner \":(\"

uktotty

I would go Dynorod!

enid_b

tvr purple.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

StuM

Lotus Scandal Green   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Ilogik

If I could paint my car any colour it would either be the vauxhaull vx220 orange

Or im pretty sure its sable grey but I love this car + colour combo

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

WillsSayers

Now I do like those orange and green colours there!

Would have to be flamboyant and mix the two tho - maybe Electric Orange wheels with Scandal Green car  s;) ;) s;)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

evileye_wrx

How about a black with hints or flecks of orange and red for the volcanic, molten magma look. I'm thinking of going for a matt highlighter pen yellow on mine as the paintwork is absolutely shocking and needs to be sorted.

Incidentally, do you have anyone to do the spraying for you, Wills? I know a man if you want me to put you in touch

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

philster_d

Remember if you do go random, future potential repair bills could be slightly higher.

I dont disagree it might be a good time. I wanted to do mine like this but never quite got there.

WillsSayers

Repair bills could be higher yes, but when you damage your car the difference between a £300 or a £400 repair bill doesn't really matter; it's still £300 or £400 you didn't budget for!  s:) :) s:)

Phil, could be worth a shout. I've not got any prices from anyone yet, but have got a palce I'm going to try. An extra quote can't hurt. Think it might be a bit cheaper seeing as most of my body parts won't be attached to the car when they're getting painted!

philster_d

Thats another thing if your going nice shame to only do it to a stock bodykit.

WillsSayers

I've got JDL rear and skirts, and I think a Top Secret front.........

philster_d

alllllrighty then   s:) :) s:)

Dyn-Evo

Wills...!

.....SATIN BLACK.....!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

(Like my old Mk1 SC)

Looks mean, cool....and if you wanna be a bit garish, you can always fit flourescent orange (or green, or yellow....) wheels...?!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

WillsSayers

Hahaha Greg, you're getting predictable man  s;) ;) s;)  Definitely an interesting choice and would probably look stunning with the kit on...... The thing that bothers me about satin, is if you don't keep it real clean, it can look hideous - and BOY am I lazy!

Paulm

I'd got for a wrap, either in matt black, carbon or chrome
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

JudoKilli

Quote from: "Paulm"I'd got for a wrap, either in matt black, carbon or chrome

I reckon a chrome or carbon wrap is too much for a '2. I don't think even a V6 '2 could pull of something like that.

Tags: