I want to upgrade horns

Started by Anonymous, June 6, 2010, 16:24

Anonymous

I want to upgrade my horn as the standard Toyota is more "Oi Noddy" than "Oi KNOBHEAD",I have done a search but there isnt much on this that's recent.What have other people done? Has anyone got any sound clips of what they have?

Standard Toyota horn sound.

Audio equivalent of what I'm after.

muffdan

I have seriously considered fitting one of these kits in the front bin:

http://www.airhorns.co.uk/product.asp?lot=21&pnid=581&deptid=290
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

markiii

passenger side behind teh prefacelift bumper (close to where teh stock horns are)

theres is a shedload of space, I fitted twin Fiam airhorns there

the hardest part is teh wiring
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Gif

Fiams.  Mounted the compressor on the front passenger bulkhead with relay, took permanent  live feed down passenger side of car to fused battery connect. Picked up existing horn relay feed from switch in front passenger footwell to activate new relay. Got extended hose and fed it down into the front radiator void where the existing horns are.  The horns are so light they just hang in there on cable ties   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Pushed horn button in garage while fitting, ooh that hurts   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

uktotty

or move the horn outside the bin, that is bloody loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kentsmudger

Are you thinking of the alarm Russ?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

uktotty

LOL! YEP!
It was a long day  s:) :) s:)

cclarke99

If your car doesn't have Aircon, there's a spare fused supply in the relay box on the RHS of the frunk, might save the hassle of running the wire through the car. The fuse is called "CDS FAN". You could pick up the supply on terminal 3 of the "FAN NO 3" relay. I'd also suggest use the wire going to the existing horn to control the new horns, as again, it is easily accessible in the front of the car.

Anonymous

Is there any better sounding horns that are more or less a straight swap? I don't have a problem with the volume,its the tone that I don't like.

philster_d

I also had the Fiami Twin horns.

Funny cos one day patrick drove my car into the garage and went to beep someone with the crappy roadster horn (which i dont have) lol. So he made them jump out the way with a heart attack.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Phil

FGrob

Quote from: "life of bryan"Is there any better sounding horns that are more or less a straight swap? I don't have a problem with the volume,its the tone that I don't like.

You could take a look at these:

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... 3/0/110345 m

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... /1613/3181 m

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... /1613/4038 m

Just a couple of choices for you Bryan.

Rob.  s:D :D s:D
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Anonymous

Big thanks Rob,the last ones look like they would swap quite easy.  s:D :D s:D

Tags: