Would these things I need be ok for import with UK parts?

Started by Anonymous, September 7, 2010, 14:35

Anonymous

I have an MR-S Roadster 1999 Import and I need some things to pass its MOT. Would the UK parts of these below be ok for the import MR-S  as I can source from here and ebay hopefully if so?

1 set of rear brake pads
1 rear caliper offside
1 brake disk
1 end exhaust bit, not the catalitic converter part just the end exhaust.

Anonymous

All the same. Take it you've not managed to sell the car yet then?  s:D :D s:D

skinz

Camskill
Caliper (for import)  m http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 2436p59099 m
Rear Discs & Pads offer (for import)  m http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 2434p50118 m

As for the exhaust, not too sure what you mean? presuming catback? - if so you might be able to find someone on here that has fitted an aftermarket and will sell you there original?

I'm not 100% about uk/jap compatibility, but making the presumtion that since camskill define between uk/jap on there website, that there may possibly be some differences - im sure someone else can confirm this tho

Steve

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dan M"All the same. Take it you've not managed to sell the car yet then?  s:D :D s:D

Its not been for sale, its been parked up offroad at workscar park for 5 months, I was going to keep  but I prefer my other car so have decided to sell once and for all as it's just stood there now.

Thanks skinz thats a great help.

Anonymous

I was referring to the for sale ads you've had up on and off for the last 4 years  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Yea I did toy with selling it and infact had 2 offers for asking price but I hesitated, I didnt want to sell it as I love the cars, its been sat around for months now so its defo time to sell I feel and I can let go this time.

skinz

No probs Brad, their prices are seem quite competitive, so not getting ripped off - also when i ordered my discs and pads they arrived in a day or so - nice and speedy - just as well as Im the most impatient person when i set my mind on something lol

Anonymous

Anyone know where I can get the end bit of  an exhaust, the tailpipe bit, the part that connects to the catayltic converter  box bit then curves round? 2nd hand ok.

Infact im not even sure which exhaust bit I need, the garage owner said the end bit that connects from the drivers side bit then curls round and then curls round again to stick out from behind the car, is this the tailpipe? Anyone got a picture of underneath an MR2 Roadster so I know?

spit

I imagine it'd be the backbox. Nothing on the '2 exhaust connects on the driver's side (unless you're left-hand drive!) so thats a bit confusing.

Many back-boxes lying in garages where folk have upgraded. Try putting a WTB ad in the wanted section?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Can thieves pinch the backbox without lifting the boot lid? As the end piec of my exhaust is missing but not looked to see if the backbox bit is too, garage owner says i need the end bit.

spit

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Have you got a TTE twin exhaust? The pipes on those are detachable from the silencer box. Standard single exhausts are all one piece from the Cat and include the silencer box. You'd know if that was missing   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Nope single exhaust, im going to go check it now to be sure.

Anonymous

OK just checked, its the last curvy pipe bit thats missing, see image below, im missing the bit after the bolt connection point as stated with the arrow and pink line.

Wabbitkilla

That's not a standard exhaust, so God knows where you'll get the piece indicated.
If you're selling, it could just be worth getting a standard back box on there.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Thats not my car i googled the image to give you an idea.

Goeman

That would be my car and that's a Blueflame exhaust with no funny bolted on bit after the back box.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

What did you google to get that picture?
Russell

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "Brad123"Thats not my car i googled the image to give you an idea.

I suggest you get a picture of your car and exhaust otherwise these questions are pointless.
The standard silencer is all in one, backbox and tailpipe - they don't come apart.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Ah ok, well this was not a standard exhaust, it was a big Chrome one sticking out, an aftermarket one, I have ben offered a standard  full exhaust with box etc from up the road from me from a 2002 roadster, will this work on mine ok?

uktotty

Quote from: "Brad123"Ah ok, well this was not a standard exhaust, it was a big Chrome one sticking out, an aftermarket one, I have ben offered a standard  full exhaust with box etc from up the road from me from a 2002 roadster, will this work on mine ok?
Yes or I have a full working system for £100

Anonymous

Hi what do you mean full working system?

Anonymous

Hi what do you mean full working system?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Brad123"Hi what do you mean full working system?

Its a full system that works.

Anonymous

Have a look here and see if you can find your exhaust.    l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30042 l

Tags: