oh well, it was only a car

Started by dbrown, September 24, 2010, 15:53

dbrown

s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  

had an accident this morning   s:( :( s:(  
just onto a long upbank straight after a bend
not being silly or anything (or making excuses, i accept it's my own fault)
hit some mud just outside of a factory and lost the back end
tried to correct it and not 100% sure of how things went after that

saw myself heading towards the hedge and felt it slow down as i went into it
then i think the whole car went over forwards landing on it's roof on top of the hedge
then rolled sideways onto it wheels at the other side
it was all in pretty slow motion and i think well cushioned with all the bushes and soft ground

fairly sure it's going to be written off as every panel i could see was dented, along with my pride   s:? :? s:?  
but on the plus side i was very impressed with how the roof held up
and actually feeling quite lucky rather than gutted
and totally thinking along the lines of "it's only a car"
when it was over i just got out as if nothing had happened and don't feel a thing now, about 6 hours later

making it worse for me is that it's my first accident after 18 years of driving

brought these bits home for a bit of a joke "this is all that's left" type of thing
will put some other pics on later when i've sorted all the insurance and stuff out

really undecided how i feel at the moment and hope i stay with the "only a car" feeling

in the hands of insurance now so just a waiting game now
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

SimonC_Here

Obligatory, "That'll buff right out"

Glad you are OK. I'm always surprised how well these cars stand up to these sort of crashes. You will feel bad about it, but you are right, it is only a car...

devil-ish

Aw so sad.....glad you is OK though!    s:( :( s:(
love the wide open spaces with my top off!!!!!!  ex Owner of Celica VVTLi 190 and Aygo Special Edition Black now proud owner of IQ2 Silver, Driver of Roadster.......

Ilogik

good to hear your ok mate, being a vulture and seeing you have a facelift car, how much for the seats :p   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Cars can be replaced at the end of the day.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

stargazer30

Gutted for you mate  s:-( :-( s:-(

Main thing is your okay, could have been much worse, especially since it rolled.

If you don't mind me asking where you going straight when it hit the mud and went out of control?  Not sure why you think its your fault thats all?
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

dbrown

Quote from: "Ilogik"how much for the seats :p   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

already mentioned buying it back if it's written off and looks like i probably can't, will try again though
i do have a full set of facelift wheels refurbished last week with all new t1r's on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
was going to put them on today then put off cos of the rain, so lucky with them really
(or maybe not if the tyres could have saved me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) (the fitted ones were more than legal)

no offers yet though as i'll possibly get another '2 and might want everything myself   s:P :P s:P
Darren

Anonymous

Gutted for you, main thing is you are ok.

Wabbitkilla

Argh, glad you're ok!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

I'm always amazed at how well these "little cars" protect us   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

blahpony

Good to hear you're OK.

I've seen some horrendous accidents with these cars posted. It seems the vast majority of people walk out virtually unharmed.

vinp182

Quote from: "Ilogik"good to hear your ok mate, being a vulture and seeing you have a facelift car, how much for the seats :p   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Cars can be replaced at the end of the day.

Damn it... Got there before me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Glad you are ok tho mate
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

dbrown

Quote from: "stargazer30"where you going straight when it hit the mud and went out of control?  Not sure why you think its your fault thats all?

i was going straight and really i'd say it was the mud that made me lose it
but i was the one in control of the car so i suppose i see it as my fault as i should have been more careful
although some situations are impossible to predict so i see what you mean
Darren

uktotty

My god Darren, that sounds awful, so glad you are OK, was it the hard top or softtop you were wearing?
Like the other guys have said, really glad you are OK and like you said, the car is just a car, you can buy a turbo'd car withthe payout.

Russ

nathanMR2

Sending my sympathies mate. Main thing is no one was hurt, its still got to be painful to see you car like that   s:( :( s:(
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

s;) ;) s;)

Could've been worse, glad you're okay fella.

JiMR2

Glad to hear your in one piece mate!  s:( :( s:(
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Two's Company

Gutted Darren. At least you're ok.

Anonymous

I think everyone else has said what needs to be said but hopefully you will "get back on your bike" soon as poss as the saying goes.  s:) :) s:)

E

OMG! Darren Ive just got home from work and Lynn told me about this, Really gutted for you mate but as has already been said at least you walked away, hope it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction and soon.

creamykiwi

s:( :( s:(  so sorry to hear that Darren, but glad you're ok and hope you're back in the saddle/seats asap  s:) :) s:)

nyeregis

Quote from: "uktotty"My god Darren, that sounds awful, so glad you are OK, was it the hard top or softtop you were wearing?
Like the other guys have said, really glad you are OK and like you said, the car is just a car, you can buy a turbo'd car withthe payout.

Russ

My thoughts exactly!!!

Tony
Lagoon blue, hardtop, Corky\'s, Hass turbo, E Manage, A/C. Kirks.

inert2k3

Like everyones already said, Im really glad that you werent hurt mate and that it was your car thats taken the damage

Hope you get a decent payout from Insurance   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

custardavenger

As the others said, Glad you're OK mate. I though at first glance (title and pic) that you'd just crunched it. I but it wasn't fun rolling.

Anyway. Hope the insurance goes well and get yourself back on the horse as they say
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

mrzwei

Glad you're ok.
People think there is time to react but it just happens so bloody fast. Whether you make the right hand / foot movements or the wrong ones is just luck. (Think goalkeepers and penalties).
You're the important bit.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

NorthandSouth

Sad to see this has happened Darren   s:( :( s:(   but really glad you are ok which I'm sure you and your better half are   s:D :D s:D
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

dbrown

got a Vauxhall Insignia courtesy car and i was expecting something like a Matiz   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
actually feels a very nice car compared to our 11 year old vectra   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Privilege seem to be really on the ball with everything
called to log the claim and both the car hire place and the body shop place called me within about ten minutes

recovery firm took it in and Privilege told them to take it straight to the body shop
body shop called me again to tell me what was happening and asked if i wanted a call to say when they had it
i said just to call when they had any info about repair or write off
although just realised when i emptied the car i forgot the top of the dash so need to get back to them monday

the way they've been talking it sounds like if it's written off i'll be getting an offer pretty quick so hopefully will know fairly soon
not really sure what i hope as after seeing it looking such a state i don't think i'd look at it the same way again  s:( :( s:(  

overall though i'm fairly relaxed about everything, more bothered by the financial and hassle sides than the car
trouble is i hate looking for cars and we were already looking to replace the vectra so might be two to look for now
Darren

Tags: