Any tips on storing injectors?

Started by andywood, October 6, 2010, 21:02

andywood

Have got my stock injectors that i want to keep in good condition now that they are off the car.

Anyone know the best way to store them?

Was tempted to coat in wd40 or similar and wrap in clingfilm, but not sure if this would be any good for them (especially the o-rings). Would it be best to wipe clean with fuel and put in individual mini-bags?

Cheers

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

spit

They're pretty robust articles. I've used injectors that have been lying on a shelf for a couple of years   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  and they've been fine. Covering the nozzles or bagging them up would seem a sensible idea.

A smear of vaseline on the O-rings should keep them nourished, but I'd be inclined not to bother as its far better to get a new set from MrT when/if they get re-used. They may look OK visually but its surprising how crap they can be if re-used.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

E

You shouldn't really put Vaseline on any O rings as it is petroleum based and will rot them, far better if you can find it is KY jelly which is a similar product but is not petroleum based.

andywood

Quote from: "E".......far better if you can find it is KY jelly....

Not really sure that i want to go hunting for this in the local chemist!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

E

I know exactly what your saying, it doesn't matter how many times you keep repeating "its for my car honest" no one will believe you.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

frogger

Anonymous

Ky jelly is fine if you want the injectors to be comfortable, but for safety and prevention of contamination it is best used in conjunction with a condom.

Plus, if you have a small injector, or the recipent has a large port, the ky is not really required.

frogger

Tags: