2ZZ loosing water

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2011, 15:16

Anonymous

my mates celica vvtli is losing water any idea what it could be?

muffdan

A leak somewhere  s:) :) s:)

Is it leaving puddles on the drive if left standing? How quickly is it loosing water?
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ilogik

A BIG HOLE!

Heater matrix, rad, over heating?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

engine losing water, i think its either the head gasket starting to go or there's a plastic pump in the top that's broken. hopefully we can narrow it down.

Ilogik

get it pressure tested.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

muffdan

Quote from: "Ilogik"get it pressure tested.

yes, a leak down test and compression test is the way forward. You'll have a good idea if it is the head gasket after that. Has it run out of water previously or suffered some other circulation failure?
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"
Quote from: "Ilogik"get it pressure tested.

yes, a leak down test and compression test is the way forward. You'll have a good idea if it is the head gasket after that. Has it run out of water previously or suffered some other circulation failure?

pressure test? is it just plugging in the tester into the where the spark plug are? if so what pressure is good? oh and lastly how much does it cost to repair the headgasket or plastic pump in the top thats broken

Anonymous

ChrisGB

Depending on age, it could be the radiator. If it is similar to the MR2 one, about 6 years seems to be about as long as they last before starting to crumble.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

DannyN

Hell, my was crumbier than a sand dune !!
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Depending on age, it could be the radiator. If it is similar to the MR2 one, about 6 years seems to be about as long as they last before starting to crumble.

Chris

Nooooooo!

Mine is 8 years old now   s:( :( s:(

muffdan

I changed my rad last year because I felt that after 10 years it wouldn't have much life left even though it was working fine. I think having the air-con rad in front of has helped preserve it.
Jason

DannyN

Quote from: "Les"
Quote from: "ChrisGB"Depending on age, it could be the radiator. If it is similar to the MR2 one, about 6 years seems to be about as long as they last before starting to crumble.

Chris

Nooooooo!

Mine is 8 years old now   s:( :( s:(

The whole bottom 3rd of mine was practically invisible, Russ has a link for a replacement and it worked like a dream
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: