Wood rim steering wheel Mk3 MR2

Started by Anonymous, June 14, 2011, 14:30

Anonymous

Has anybody out there fitted an aftermarket woodrim steering wheel??   I appreciate that almost certainly I will lose the air bag, but is it possible, I think it would be worth it?
Richard
Dickymint MR2

muffdan

Yes, it's possible. I don't have wood trim, but that makes little difference. I use the steering boss sold by Demon Tweeks.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Sorry to be a nuisance, but have you retained the SRS?  I am having great difficulty in finding a boss that will fit the car and a Moto-Lita Mk3 wheel, I don't mind losing the SRS as long as nothing else is affected?
Cheers
Richard

muffdan

I haven't kept the airbag. The boss contains a connector that disables the airbag light on the dash, so the car thinks its still there.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: