Is someone having a laugh???

Started by uktotty, September 3, 2011, 21:15

uktotty

Treboeth

l viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34772 l

Yes this guy  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

*andy*

I think they are doing quite well on all of their items so far in my opinion! As it stands, the filter is at £21 after postage - for the sake of about £12 wouldn't you rather have a brand new one!? (£33.67 delivered being the cheapest I could see on Ebay at the moment!)

Anonymous

That is ridiculous you could by new for that kind of money! What is with standard manifolds going for daft money on there too,seen one for £150+p&p.I have seen loads on here given away for free but you would think £20 max.  s:? :? s:?

Stephster

I think people get away with it though, 'coz the buyers don't do their research !
Now I struck lucky on ebay when I bought my 2, but the guy I bought from had excellent feedback and I had done my research on prices/what to look out for. As I didn't have a chance to go and see it beforehand though I really was scared of buying a pig in a poke..... luckily he didn't expect me to hand over any money until I had checked her over and been for a test drive.
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

AmeR

It's people who aren't associated with the site or haven't done their research thinking "that's cheaper than Mr T, so it must be a bargain", when we all know gold is cheaper than Mr T in most instances!!

As for the lights, that's just ridiculous! Someone is clearly daft as I've never seen a pair go for that kind of money. 150 delivered is about it and even that's not right!

At least there was nobody on here who wanted those items first...

Anonymous

I almost feel like setting up a fake Ebay account and over bidding on them just so someone doesnt get ripped off!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Stephster

Life of Bryan - that was just what I was thinking.....
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !

AmeR

Must be a common thought! 5 grand for those lights!? Bargain!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

go on do it that would be funny.

AmeR

Not sure the club wishes to be associated with stuff like that, despite it being done for the right intentions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "AmeR"Not sure the club wishes to be associated with stuff like that, despite it being done for the right intentions.

Booo Paul,you're barred nobody likes a teachers pet.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

My best ebay deal? Bought a pair of brand new ski touring boots from a shop that went bust in Blackpool (bought on ebay in summer, £10) Sold in December, £156!
I didnt want that for them, but once a feeding frenzy starts, how do you stop it?

bigwillcv36

Quote from: "life of bryan"
Quote from: "AmeR"Not sure the club wishes to be associated with stuff like that, despite it being done for the right intentions.

Booo Paul,you're barred nobody likes a teachers pet.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Lol  s:-D :-D s:-D
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

Wabbitkilla

I suppose he can ask what he likes on ebay, but it's a bad show that he advertised here first for what were reasonable prices and then ignored the buyers knocking on his door.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "dick2ski"I didnt want that for them, but once a feeding frenzy starts, how do you stop it?

Of course you are right I guess its not the sellers fault,however it seems he has advertised them on here with buyers lining up for £110. I'm surprised they have reached that amount as I have found the sale of parts slowed down and are not shifting as quickly as they used to.

loadswine

This adiwil person really isn't the sort of member I would want to associate with if they behave in this way.
They obviously won't care, as they have sold their 2, but no moral fibre shown here by them.
Unfortunately these type of people are becoming more widespread, we need to watch out for their kind.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

uktotty

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I suppose he can ask what he likes on ebay, but it's a bad show that he advertised here first for what were reasonable prices and then ignored the buyers knocking on his door.

Have too agree, very poor show, he will get his comeuppance

AmeR

As has been said it's the frenzy from uninformed buyers. He started the bidding at 99p.

loadswine

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I suppose he can ask what he likes on ebay, but it's a bad show that he advertised here first for what were reasonable prices and then ignored the buyers knocking on his door.

I think this sort of anti club behaviour should attract a permanent ban in the future. They obviously don't give a jot for the club, its members or its values, so why be here?

AmeR

10 posts since '09 and the car has sold. Doubt he will be back anyway. Looks like we will miss a solid contribution to the club.

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "loadswine"
Quote from: "uktotty"

I think this sort of anti club behaviour should attract a permanent ban in the future. They obviously don't give a jot for the club, its members or its values, so why be here?

At the very least we could remove anyones posting rights to the market place if they do this kind of thing?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

loadswine

That's a start, but why give them access to anything if they show such disdain for the members? Just my thoughts really, can't stand people with no manners.

Stephster

This mighn't be workable, but could there be a criteria before you are allowed to post sales, such as having been a member for 3 months having made at least 10 posts. (Or something like that ?).

K T M Rider

Although I understand your reasons for suggesting it, such a criteria is not something I would personally like to see, preferring to work on the basis 'innocent untill proven guilty' (and I think the disclaimer posted by Mods for new / inactive members is already a good system).
The worst recent offender (in my opinion and to my knowledge) actually had well above the criteria you suggest on both counts. Also quite a few of the cars posted for sale are by new members who have fairly obviously signed up for just that purpose - having recently been in the market for another roadster I appreciated the wider selection on here generated by allowing new members to post.   s:) :) s:)
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Tags: