Wheel Sizes

Started by Anonymous, October 12, 2011, 15:38

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 MR2, the car has the standard size wheels which are 15" (tyre size 185/55v15)at the front and 16" (tyre size 205/55/v16) at the back. If I increase wheel size to 16" at the front and 17" at the back will it have any adverse/positive effect on the handling, braking distance and accuracy of the speedo etc?

I just think it could look quite nice if the arches are filled a little better.  Finally, has anyone got any suggestions as to where best to get uprated alloys?

As always many thanks in anticipation of your help and advice

Illya

markiii

and 16" (tyre size 205/55/v16) at the back

thats not a standard size
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Hi Illia,
There has been a debate on here for quite a while as to which wheel and tyre combination is best on the car.  Some members prefer to stick to the original staggered setup, though even Toyota didnt think it was perfect, or they wouldnt have changed it for the facelift in 03.

You can spend hours reading up on it, but ultimately its your choice in the end.  I run 17s all round, as its far cheaper for replacement wheels and/or tyres. I drive quite conservatively though. I hope to learn more myself at an upcoming tyre testing day. Look out for it if youd like to attend.
Cheers
D!ck

Tags: