Storing Tyres

Started by stargazer30, November 15, 2011, 16:34

stargazer30

Guys,

The winter tyres I just got my mits on have pretty soft rubber on them.  Will they be okay stacked sideways 9 months throughout the year or do I need to figure a way to store them.  Bearing in mind the weight of the alloys too so the one on the bottom has 3x the weight of tyres and rims on it.

David
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Treboeth

l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31729&start=60 l

you need one of these last post David .

kentsmudger

You say they are soft, but they are mounted on wheels and inflated? I have just stacked mine and they do not even deform - I figure they are normally carrying a quarter of a ton each, so I am not worrying about damaging them.

A cheap solution would be blocks of wood (smaller than than the inner tyre diameter) to stack between the wheels, if you just want to pile them in the corner of the garage.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Steve Green

Not supposed to do ebay links (think) but have a look at 250818236584

Same thing on wheels!
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Tags: