Here is the Botch they did of my TTE Dual

Started by scottee, April 22, 2004, 19:48

scottee

Here are the pics of the TTE that the £60 an hour techs at Toyota FRF Swansea did. Not actually inspirational, considering I have a service due in 5000miles   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

m http://homepage.ntlworld.com/my_mr2/tte1.jpg m
 m http://homepage.ntlworld.com/my_mr2/tte2.jpg m
 m http://homepage.ntlworld.com/my_mr2/tte3.jpg m

I've already sent a letter off to both the dealer and the head office. Im going to try and get it refunded, because of the total botch up (including the mess they made with the manifold bolts)

GSB

What a shoddy job... You do of course have legal claim to a refund, the work is clearly not up to an acceptable standard. Those photos alone would secure a very embarrassing victroy within the small claims court, or your credit card company will take take them to task on your behalf if you ask them.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Bloody hell, that's awful!

Mine might be out by about an inch side-by-side, but at least they're level when sticking out! Those just look terrible (no offence, but I'm sure you won't take it as such   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Go get 'em, tiger!*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

*That's the gayest thing I've ever said. I won't say it again. Ever.

GSB

Quote from: "ekona"*That's the gayest thing I've ever said. I won't say it again. Ever.

On MR2-ROC at least, I think thats the gayest thing anyone's ever said!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"
Quote from: "ekona"*That's the gayest thing I've ever said. I won't say it again. Ever.

On MR2-ROC at least, I think thats the gayest thing anyone's ever said!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

It could have been worse: I could have said 'Grrrrr!' after it.

Thank God I didn't.

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

scottee

Quote from: "ekona"Those just look terrible (no offence, but I'm sure you won't take it as such   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Go get 'em, tiger!*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

None taken at all, because your right, its totally pathestic, I could of done it better myself!

Anonymous

And you paid for that?  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

cant they fix it? it took my guys a while to align it as well (wasnt like this tho), then again, i am the boss  s:) :) s:)

hey, few inches in or out, who cares... i am sure you hate going to gas station now, everyone starring into your mr2...you should ask for some punitive damages...

scottee

Quote from: "RUSTY"And you paid for that?  s:? :? s:?

Well the parked it with the rear end to a wall, so when I picked it up, I didnt check if they were level, I just poped my head around the back, seen that it had both pipes and was happy. But i've sent a letter of complaint (for that and the cock up they did with the manifold) to the dealer who did it and to head office

Anonymous

QuoteI have had a TTE exhaust fitted by MrT. At a glance it looks okay. But when you examine it the drivers side tail pipe protrudes 1" further than the passenger side and the passenger side is sligtly angled downwards. MrT has had a second look and says "thats the best you'll get on an after market TTE exhaust and there is no adjustment possible" and "we can probably get them to look okay but as soon as you drive off they will find their own level".
Having seen Slacey's TTE exhaust (which he had fitted at the same place) which from memory looks perfect (Sean you can correct me on this), I told MrT that I had seen a 2 with a TTE fitted and it looked perfect and was fitted by themselves. The story then changed when asked what year Slaceys 2 was. As soon as I said 2002 MrT said and I quote "well yours is a 2003 with a six speed box (not a 5speed box as the 2002) and therefore due to the larger gearbox the exhaust fitting is slightly different, hence the out of alignment".
Is this bulls**t or what  

Apart from the visual the exhaust sounds like heaven

Scottee I know what your going through. They will just flannel you as they did me. In the end get a bit of help and align them yourself. In the end it will be quicker and less stressful

Anonymous

TTE exhaust can be "adjust"!

The 2 tips are completely independent from the exhaust.  If you remove the bumper to place the exhaust, after replacing you can play with the tips to fit correctlyand then strongly fix them!  I do myself and it's an easy way!

crankshaft

Bloddy hell, that's just negligant, surely they are taking the Pi##

Both sides swivel and are adjustable independantley, if the pipes are not 'square' to the rear of the vehicle (as in your case) then the silencer-to-cat flange was installed at a 'un-natural' angle.

If left to hang in it's natural position during installation, it would be square to the rear of the car, and up/down alignment would be a piece of cake, it looks almost certain that they have twisted the silencer / cat mount which is easily corrected by loosening the 14mm bolts (with the springs) and rotating the silencer till it's square.

The mis-alignment you are seeing is almost certainly the silencer alignment and can NEVER be corrected by swiveling the pipes.

Obviously followed the manual by the letter and had no allowance for common sense !

Crankshaft.
2001 SMT - Pete

Tags: