Wonder wheels

Started by Deadmanwalking, March 26, 2012, 10:34

Deadmanwalking

I have 5 litres of the stuff sat in the garage, been there for around 7 years now and remains unopened. Always worried about it being too harsh and stripping the coating off my alloys etc ! ! !

Is this stuff safe to use on the MR2 stock alloys? If yes then should I apply, agitate then remove after 30 seconds?

Thanks for your help in advance.
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

deadmau5

I used to use it all the time but not on the MR2. It's pretty effective but a bit of a faff. I doubt it will strip the coating off your alloys. It smells awful btw, I can still imagine the smell now and I've not used it for over 5 years. It's particularly good in summer for removing baked on brake dust.

2 of the left

It's the commercial version of PX10 (used for stripping down surfaces in Gun Turrets and metal decks)Use with caution!!  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

DannyN

Its very marmite, some people love it and swear by it others deteste it and will tell you tales of woe and it eating wheels away.
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

kentsmudger

Powerful stuff and can clean really heavy dirt off - Including where I had a brake pad down to metal and made a mess of a rear wheel.

Use with caution though -  Any sign of bubbling on the stock wheels and it will get in the cracks and increase the problem
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Deadmanwalking

Thanks for the views all, kind of reminded me why its still in the garage un-opened.  s:( :( s:(  

As my alloys are not perfect, think i best leave it be.

Again thanks.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

Tags: