Leaking Passenger door

Started by Anonymous, May 5, 2004, 10:34

Anonymous

As above, recently I have noticed that when it rains heavily the passenger door seems to leak quite heavily. Just below and to the side of the speaker. Looks like I ll be purchasing a new door seal. Does anyone know how much they cost?

Anonymous

Quote from: "stuart_telfer"As above, recently I have noticed that when it rains heavily the passenger door seems to leak quite heavily. Just below and to the side of the speaker. Looks like I ll be purchasing a new door seal. Does anyone know how much they cost?

By "door seal" do you mean the plastic sheet behind the door card?  Might be worth a look here to see whether the original is still properly stuck to the door.  I've had problems with these on a couple of other cars.  

See Buster's run-down on installing new door speakers, in the Audio/elec/security section of the forum for an explanation and some pics.

hth
Andy

Anonymous

I am assuming that it is the door seal. (the rubber bit that runs round the outside of the door).

crankshaft

I had the same problem on the drivers side.

There is a little metal tab on the A pillar which apparently guides the window into position when closing the window whilst driving at speed and it sometimes get's ben inwards so that it compresses / damages the rubber seal.

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

This probably answers my question as to why i have a leaky door, which i have only found out because of the last couple of days of rain.

This metal tab (which should have a plastic cover but doesnt) is a little mangled, I spoke to Mr T a couple of weeks ago and they wanted £28 +vat for a new rubber seal which includes the metal tab object.

crankshaft

After expereincing this leaking, when I fitted my Focal 165V2s in April, I added a cover around the back of the speaker cone / magnet as per the original toyota speakers.

I am very sure that the window seals are not 100% watertight, and if you have invested in some front speakers, you may find that after a few downpours you speakers will have suffered !

I covered the underside of the plastic shield in Dynamat just to make sure it does not resonate.

PeterC
2001 SMT - Pete

Tem

Did anyone ever figure out where exactly it comes in...?

I've had some drips on the speaker grill for a while, but always thought they get there when you open the door. But now the passenged door hadn't been opened during rain and the drops were there again...

Also, I wonder if they eventually get out of the car or start building a puddle beneath the carpets. The idea of water under waterproof carpets can't be good  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: