O2 sensor?

Started by doogz, May 29, 2012, 09:11

doogz

Morning all,

I'm new here, picked up my first MR2 at the weekend.

Mostly going fine so far, brakes need some attention, planning on servicing it this weekend, but the engine management light came on the other day too.

It's showing P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I've done a tonne of googling and searching about on here, but can someone please clarify which one this is? The one after the main cat?

Thanks,

Doug

dcod

I believe :

Before Cat:
Bank 1 sensor 1
Bank 2 sensor 1

After Cat:
Bank 1 sensor 2
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

uktotty

doogz

Thanks guys.

I'm aware it's just the heater that appears to be at fault, but I'd rather just fix the problem properly as opposed to messing about soldering in resistors etc.

Cheers

dcod

You could swap 2 sensors and see if you get a different code. If you do then just replace the sensor.

Toyota:
bank 1 refers to bank that includes cylinder 1.
bank 2 refers to bank that excludes cylinder 1.
sensor 1 refers to the sensor being closer to the engine body.

Toyota:
P0141 trouble area -
Open or short in sensor.
Oxygen sensor heater.
ECU.

I'm guessing the sensor has gone.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Tags: