End of My Ownership??

Started by AmeR, June 5, 2012, 19:24

nathanMR2

I felt your pain yesterday mate and i sadly couldnt do anything to make it better. I just knew i couldnt leave until i knew the car was back as i hoped that there was something we could do to try and fix it .. This was before we knew the extent of the damage  s:( :( s:(

It would be real sad to see the car and/or the turbo have to go but i know we briefly discussed your situation and your going to have some thinking to do.

You, K and the car are a credit to the club. I just hope you manage to sort something out. If you need any help with anything give me a shout. Im happy to come up to you for a weekend or long weekend to offer what assistance i can. Keep me posted mate.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

puma2

s:( :( s:(  just read this  s:( :( s:(   what you must be feeling now is hard to put into words.
the time and effort you have made the car what is is today may be that alone is enough not to end your ownership just yet, may be worth the battle to bring it back to a happy life again  s:) :) s:)  

You and your good lady have done so much for the club and your hard work on ding day that we all thank you  for  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
 what ever you decide our thoughts will be with all 3 of you,( yourself your good lady and the 2)

let the thought battle begin the pros and cons list and the evil money  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Lets hope the MR2 WINS ANOTHER LIFE ONCE MORE  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

all the best, lets us no what your plans are in time  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

NorthandSouth

So sorry to read about this Paul and Kashia.   s:( :( s:(  

I hope you keep your beautiful car and what a great bunch of people with the offers    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Good luck with whatever you decide xx
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

MisterK

So sorry to hear about this.  I know how you feel - I had a VW Beetle drop a valve through a piston while on the M4!  Anyway, some great offers for help from the Forum as usual, so let's hope you can work out a way to sort the engine and get the car back on the road ASAP.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Mike_V

Just seen this! Gutted for you Paul especially after all of the hard work you have just put in, agree with previous comments about taking a step back and think about things, if I can be of any help just let me know.

Mike
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

AmeR

Well what can I say!? Just further demonstrates what I have always said - the car attracts some damn fine people and I'm glad to know you all!!

Have to say that I feel as though I've taken it pretty well so far - no tears, no jumping on the bonnet and kicking the windscreen in, no setting fire to it as some kind of vengeance! What's behind it? It's happened now and all I can do is react, and with the support and advice that I knew I could count on from the forum has made it easier to accept what's happened!!

Now comes the hard part... Think think think... Then think some more!!  s:D :D s:D

Thanks again all!  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

spit

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

You don't deserve this Paul   s:( :( s:(  Seriously hope we can source a block and get this beautiful '2 back where she belongs.

If it helps any there's free garage space, willing graft and coffee here.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

Paul

Sorry to hear this, personally I think your best bet is to stick a new engine, in it should be acheivable for approx £600

Chris has an engine for sale sitting in my garage at the mo if it helps
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

WillsSayers

Shit man, sorry to hear this, I really am. Nothing else I can add that others haven't already said, I just hope you get some form of plan and are able to move on smoothly  s:) :) s:)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

dcod

Wow, missed this, sorry to hear it.

It's just an engine, it can be replaced, there are hundreds of thousands of 1zz engines out there.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Little RED Roadster

As you know we're gutted for you and although not much consolation, it could have been worse!
It didn't happen in the middle of nowhere and we could get her back to somewhere safe. You just need to take your time now to decide where to go from here.

She's a beauty and would be a shame after all your hard work, to not get her going again, but that's your decision and only one you can make.

Again the wonderful people in this club have rallied around to offer parts, help & support and I'm sure it's all very comforting to know you're not on your own and are all here to help if you want it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
She's safe here with us for as long as you need, we've even put her in the garage, so she's got company   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ian will be happy to move her for you when you need to.

Mx
Michelle & Ian

04 Roadster Silver. Toyota Body Kit. TTE Banana Spoiler. TTE Twin Exhaust. Netz Style Bar. FK Lowering Springs. Custom LSC Leather Interior. Silver Calipers. Dev\'s Key Hole Covers. Silver Hardtop.[/color][/b]

Ex owner of 04 \'Red\' Ltd Edition

Anonymous

If you need it moving north, give me a shout.

HodJay

There are far too many MR2s committing suicide at the moment :/ really sorry this happened! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get it fixed and it all works out in the end for you!!
Finished hunting for my first MR2, Any advice is still MORE than welcome!! \":D\"

muffdan

s:( :( s:(   s:( :( s:(

Gutted mate, I know how you feel. Personally, dropping in a replacement engine makes sense. You've put a lot of effort into that car and it hasn't finished repaying you yet!

I hope you're able to identify what caused it too. It looks to me like it saw too much boost for whatever reason. The last thing you want is to put another lump in and see that pop too.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

seaplane

Really sorry to hear about the car.  It's far too good to do anything other than re-engine.

Thoughts are with you as I know how stressful these situations can be.    s:( :( s:(    I'm in most days and only 25 miles from Michelle/Ian's so if I can be of any help, please call.

Jon
Red tyre valve dust covers.  Black mud flaps.  Clear interior light lens.  A thin layer of Lincolnshire dirt.  I must stop spending so much on this car!

Chris H

Quote from: "dick2ski"If you need it moving north, give me a shout.

Hi Paul,

Take up D!cks offer,get the "2" back home,then take it from there...........lots of guys ready to help
you get her back on the road....although not mechanically minded myself,i only drive cars,i am ready and
willing to get the kettle on and bring over mega amounts of biccies or whatever it takes......chin up mate,
really feel for you.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

chris

Mike_V

Quote from: "Chris H"
Quote from: "dick2ski"If you need it moving north, give me a shout.

Hi Paul,

Take up D!cks offer,get the "2" back home,then take it from there...........lots of guys ready to help
you get her back on the road....although not mechanically minded myself,i only drive cars,i am ready and
willing to get the kettle on and bring over mega amounts of biccies or whatever it takes......chin up mate,
really feel for you.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

chris

+1
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

steve-m-uk

+2  we can have it back on the road in no time  s:) :) s:)
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

roger

Sorry to hear the news Paul. Big think time and hope it works the best for you, whatever.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

aaronjb

Chris has a 2003 on engine sitting around waiting for a new owner, should you just want to drop a new stock engine in for a while..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Any news on this Paul?

nathanMR2

Hoping its good news rather than bad  s:? :? s:?

AmeR

Apologies to all, I meant to update this a couple of days ago.

The news is that I am viewing an engine sometime over the next week and if all goes to plan with money etc, you won't be getting rid of me just yet!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

However, if anyone is looking for a Turbo kit, there should be a very nice custom HASS kit for sale in the not too distant future...  s:( :( s:(

E

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   oh and   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

nathanMR2

Shame the kits having to go mate but real glad you're looking to keep the 2! Be a great shame to loose you to the world of something more 'sensible'  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: