PE Turbo kit fitted

Started by Anonymous, May 7, 2004, 19:18

Anonymous

Alrighty, just finished bolting on my lovely new PE turbo kit on my MRS project car, very very happy chappy. This will be just the start though, I've got some more plans to get the most out of the turbo. I will of course be offering a supply/fitting service for this kit if anyones after one. Can't wait for the next stage!

Cheers

Anonymous

Congratulations, what's the next stage then?

Anonymous

I'm going to stick an E-manage on, custom made chargecooler and probably bigger injectors if required. On that subject at what boost do the std one max out on? Do you know what size they are std?

Just wanted to add, the PE kit is fantastic quality, everything is included in the kit and everything bolts straight on without messing around, top notch, although they did forget to send one of the pipes!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Whifbitz"I'm going to stick an E-manage on, custom made chargecooler and probably bigger injectors if required. On that subject at what boost do the std one max out on? Do you know what size they are std?

Just wanted to add, the PE kit is fantastic quality, everything is included in the kit and everything bolts straight on without messing around, top notch, although they did forget to send one of the pipes!

The PE kit comes with an e-manage as standard? you shouldnt be runnig it without the e-manage unless your using a PFC or similar to sort your mapping matey.

On the injectors, it will depend on your mapping how hard they work exactly, when my mapping was rich for safety they were on 85% with 7.5psi of boost, so have since change to Celica 190 inj (as do most people) and they now dont work hard at all.

Anonymous

It doesn't come with E-manage nope, as far as I'm aware you dont need it if your running it on low boost? I'll be fitting/mapping it anyway so it doesn't matter either way!

What kind of boost are running in yours with the 190 injectors?

Anonymous

Have mine at  7.5psi with 8.5psi for overtake boost and Ian (mr-s turbo) had tried his on 10 but normally runs 9 psi all the time

Just thinking the PE Turbo kit comes with the e-manage if you get it from Monkey wrench racing but if you buy it from somewhere else you dont get the e-manage as you say

If you run it on low boost (turbo wastegate is normally set at 4.5 as standard) you would be running very lean without an e-manage or similar surely?

Anonymous

Power Enterprise reckon its ok without any need for ECU mods on 4.5psi, just the fuel pressure reg mod. I'm going to check it out properly though with my wideband and det cans.....

I'll be selling the charger cooler as a kit after its done by the way if anyone interested in it.

Anonymous

I could be interested if you bring it out sharpish  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Well its being designed as I type, hopefully should have the one on my car in around 2 weeks approx, any good to you?

The more time I spend driving the car the better it gets, really notice the difference, great conversion this, cant wait to get the boost up a bit, I'm more used to running 2.5bar in my Supra!

Anonymous

Defo Paul,  I'm off to europe again with Celica Club at the end of the month and would like an IC in for then if poss.  even tho the aquamist is fine I'm a bit of a belt and braces man myself  s;-) ;-) s;-)

PM me when you know price and availability etc

Perry

Anonymous

Will do

Anonymous

cheers dude  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

No piggy back comes with the PE turbo kit. Even the 1 MWR sell is without 1 unless you request either it or the power FC.

The stock ECU can handle 4.5psi safely, i'd say it can handle more, but it's the "safely" bit you'll be compromising on. The extra fuel i'm needing to put in at 9psi is none, infact i could do with taking some fuel out at high revs!!! So the stock ecu can handle the fueling very well, it's the timing it can't do. If you don't take 2deg of timing out from 4psi and another 1-2deg for every 2psi after the engine will knock.

The stock injectors are 260cc, the celica GTS are 330cc. I was maxing out my 260's at 6.5 - 7psi but i didn't have my wideband in then and was running very rich so i'd say 7.5psi would be their limit, but i wouldn't trust them at that pressure over a long period. The GTS injectors are only at 55% duty at 9psi, on a mission to see if my engine wants to break i tried 12psi the other day   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  , injectors at 65% - 70%.

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I'll see what the injectors are doing when I stick the e-manage on me thinks, might be ok once its tuned.
Where do you get your 190 injectors from by the way, did you buy them new?

Anonymous

i got mine second hand as do most, but going by my experience it is strongly advisable to get then ultrasonicly flushed out and reset to ensure no probs.  Mr T charges over £500 for a set of 4 new

Anonymous

How much did you pay for the kit m8, could any garage fit it ?

Anonymous

Please do a search on posts by perry and by myself as we both documented our initial costs. Approx £3k for everything inc management.

Any garage can install it, but if they would want to is another question. Personally i think a monkey with a pack of spanners and basic mechanical knowledge could install it, but that's enough about me.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Installing is one thing, setting it up to run right is another.

Anonymous

word!  fitting is basic mechanics/plumbing   but setting it up to run right/safely is the key

Lots of info here and on spyderchat for you to peruse before parting with your wonga

Tags: