Finished Amplifier mounting

Started by Jap GT300, May 9, 2004, 17:30

Jap GT300

I finally got round to relocating the Amplifier.  And have modified the rear storage base to accomodate it after seeing others use a similar location.

I had to cut the base to make it flush for mounting and the covered the hole with some carpeted MDF.  In the picture you can also see I have added a secondary 12V jack point.

This will be used for my 12V inverter so that the playstation can be hooked up.

Top view

Underneath view

Anonymous

thats very impressive but are you not worried about the heat produced

MRMike

Thats pretty damn cool Jap..wish I had something like that ... currently have a polysterene cover..

IIRC Shark amps have thermally protected circuits..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Jap GT300

Quote from: "MRMike"IIRC Shark amps have thermally protected circuits..

True, and it clearly says that it is designed for confined spaces.

It has 4 internal fans as well.  I was considering mounting a fan on the top to draw air out but didn't think there would be too much need

Anonymous

Just a word of warning on capasitors in the amp well they dont like being mounted upside down, can cause some nasrty problem like leaks !!! but this normally of you have the amp running at full flow .

but over all good use of space

Tags: