Which cars have you given a damn good thrashin?!

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2004, 17:59

Anonymous

***sorry thought I posted this under the PERFORMANCE section, can someone move this post please?!

Hi,

I'm new to posting on this forum, I have done a search on this but couldn't find anything...

I know the 2 is not an out and out performance machine, but I am seriously considering buying one at the moment, I was just wondering which cars you have "beaten" on the road? By this I mean anything from traffic light drag races to motorway thrashes to country road duels?!

I'm not a boy racer! but I would love to hear some stories and or learn what the 2 is capable of!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Many thanks, Motto...

Anonymous

Moved to Performance, however, depending on how the thread goes, this may be better in chitchat?

Liz

And bearing in mind this from the front page of the forum under heading of Performance related...

<PARTY POOPER HAT ON>

PLEASE NOTE: The club in no way endorses speeding on Public Roads, and would encourage all members to act responsibly regardless of their power outputs.

<PARTY POOPER HAT OFF>
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

You did post in Performance but I moved it.... just like im about to do again.

Anonymous

Don't just think about getting one.... do it.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

It won't out perform anything really in a straight line race, well not enough to feel pleased.

Got no stories to share, well none that will help your decision. I don't come across, very often, a car that can keep up with me.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

juansolo

In a straight line you'll get left by any half decent hot hatch.  But then most hot hatches can't do this:

[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Moved to Performance, however, depending on how the thread goes, this may be better in chitchat?

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"You did post in Performance but I moved it.... just like im about to do again.

I give up then   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

ive only had a few races:

calibra 2.0 16v - beaten
mondeo st24 - beaten
any chavs' nova that wants to try it on!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

it will leave you wanting more on the straights, but 99% of cars on the road wont keep up with you when it get twisty. oh, and they are quite nippy off the line!

MRMike

Quote from: "Tomr2":

oh, and they are quite nippy off the line!

Yeah not a lot on the road, with road tyres will beat a 2 to 60 feet.  In terms of outright speed I'd say it's quick. Not had many experiences on the road as it usually requires heavy braking and I can't be arsed to get my alloys covered in brake dust!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Have had an acceleration 'test' with a clio Cup after some roadworks on the motorway and there was nothing in it.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

I had a riced up Corsa would not get out of my way last night; he was in the outer lane with his eight inch exhaust. Waited for the roundabout and switched lanes and blasted past him on the inside lane going round the roundabout. He was left for dust but you never know what they have under the bonnet. probably a 1.1  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You can take most cars on roundabouts as the handing is sooooooooooooo good on the 2  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I had a riced up Corsa would not get out of my way last night; he was in the outer lane with his eight inch exhaust. Waited for the roundabout and switched lanes and blasted past him on the inside lane going round the roundabout. He was left for dust but you never know what they have under the bonnet. probably a 1.1  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You can take most cars on roundabouts as the handing is sooooooooooooo good on the 2  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Thats my normal tactic, however, its not just the 2 that can do it.  Ask my Silver 2 friend from Braintree, when he was behind my sillycar.  Have to admit, I can "nearly" push the Celica as hard on the roundabouts as the 2

Anonymous

ive just realised that after 2000 miles, my front left tyre is facing the wrong way!   s:x :x s:x   no wonder ive been understeering a bit!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Thats my normal tactic, however, its not just the 2 that can do it.  Ask my Silver 2 friend from Braintree, when he was behind my sillycar.  

Yeah, I'll definately vouch for that! In my defence, I'd like to say that I wasn't pushing the car that hard, the road was slippy, I had a lot of extra weight in, my nan was in the car... (insert extra excuses here)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

As for cars I've 'had', I've beaten most things off the line at the lights, mainly because boy racers are actually driving heaps of junk (Nova's, Renault5's etc) and we don't get a lot of Ferrari's in Braintree! The only decent cars I've done have been a Saab 93T (I think it was anyway, that was the day I got the '2), a Golf Mk4 GTi (about 2 weeks after) and a BMW 330 (yesterday on the Gt Leighs bypass).

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"
Quote from: "cstevens"Thats my normal tactic, however, its not just the 2 that can do it.  Ask my Silver 2 friend from Braintree, when he was behind my sillycar.  

Yeah, I'll definately vouch for that! In my defence, I'd like to say that I wasn't pushing the car that hard, the road was slippy, I had a lot of extra weight in, my nan was in the car... (insert extra excuses here)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

LOL! Terrible excuses!

Anyway, apart from all the nova's etc, I held off a scooby on that very same stretch of road, he was all over me until the roundabouts.

Traffic Light Straight lines, only ones of any relevence was a M3 Convertible (I think it was an M3) and one of those silly Mondeo ST220 things (although that was in the Celica)

Anonymous

wouldn't call it a race but I did have alot of fun with an Audi TT today!

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

(scared some cows I think when I let out a very loud "oh yeah". as you do in such circumstances!)

Anonymous

How can you say you thrashed another car unless you know they were driving full out. The other day i killed a 911 Turbo... but then it was going the other way   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Come on, unless your on track you aint going to know   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

i was wiping the floor with a boxter round bends but he it was raining ALOT and i think he must have had that fancy traction button switched off for a bit of fun

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"How can you say you thrashed another car unless you know they were driving full out. The other day i killed a 911 Turbo... but then it was going the other way   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Come on, unless your on track you aint going to know   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Kris having a bad week I see   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"Kris having a bad week I see   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Something like that... put it this way, i was going to take some new photos of my car and dedicate the post to you to show you what you were missing!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "cstevens"Kris having a bad week I see   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Something like that... put it this way, i was going to take some new photos of my car and dedicate the post to you to show you what you were missing!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Yeah, but I had all my windows and sunroof open, dog in the bag, and a boot FULL of stuff, so not missing anything (well maybe a little).  But hey, enough of the off topic stuff.  Wot you raced Kris

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"How can you say you thrashed another car unless you know they were driving full out. The other day i killed a 911 Turbo... but then it was going the other way   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Hear-hear  s:!: :!: s:!:  

I reitterate a previous post I made:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48874#48874 m

Anonymous

The mighty Boxster was my sweetest victory to date!  God I hate boxster owners.

Anonymous

UMMM, I love my 2, and I used to drive capris etc, rear wheal monsters. The 2 is so much fun but most hot hatches these days would beat her 0 -60. Have stayed with boxter, till we got on the m4, then he was 100 miles away.

scottee

I held my own against a TT with the misses in the car lastnight, until about 70 ;P

Anonymous

scottee our avatars are really similar ... they are symmetrical-ish!  Yours isnt taken by lake coniston as well is it   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Tags: