Which silver?

Started by Jandaw, November 5, 2012, 21:35

Jandaw

My door jamb label giving vehicle colour code is unreadable. From my vin number MrT says it is IE7 which is Silver Mica metallic. The car is 2004 reg facelift and the Toyota literature suggests that cars of that year were Diamond Silver.

There is a hardtop on fleabay which is Diamond and I'm tempted to bid as I could always have it resprayed next summer.

It's crunch time -tax runs out at end of Nov so it's hardtop or Sorn and I don't know if I will be able to tolerate the withdrawal symptoms if I take it off the road.

Does anyone know if there is a massive difference in colour?

mrzwei

Because you know there is a difference, you will notice it everytime you look at it. Others probably won't   s:D :D s:D  
I think it was Sod who said that.

Woman over the road has put a hardtop on her  silver Beema and it just looks like an 'add on'. I'd go for a blow over in the correct colour which shouldn't leave you without any limbs   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

roger

1E7 is the facelift silver Silver streak Mica, so essentially your dealer is right.

There never was a Diamond silver for the MR2, though they did that colour for other cars with a totally different number. Presumably thats where your info came from, because I have a 2004 MR2 brochure which describes the colour as above.

The pre face lift 1D0, is Liquid silver or sometimes known as Crystal silver. There was a Diamond White and a Diamond Black, so I'm guessing seller has wrong info.

I would send them a question if I was you.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

roger

[MOD] Moved topic to "Appearance"
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Jandaw

Done and dusted thanks.
Seller has confirmed that it is Mica so the bid has gone in and we'll see what happens.
All will be revealed on Saturday.

Thanks again.

Tags: