Front toyo proxies

Started by trevsmr2, November 16, 2012, 08:20

trevsmr2

was looking for a couple of used tyres for winter ,and found these

185/55/15 R15 Toyo Proxes T1-R Performance Road Tyre  

Demon tweaks direct are selling these for £55.51, free delivery ,sound good ?

onion86

If you asked to recommend a winter tyre to use on your winter wheels T1Rs definitely wouldn't be on the top 5 list.

What are on the rears? If you really need them just for winter I would definitely look elsewhere? Is the idea of the winter wheels to help you stay on the road or just so you don't damage your summer wheels?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

nathanMR2

Try Camskill usually the best price
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

trevsmr2

Quote from: "onion86"If you asked to recommend a winter tyre to use on your winter wheels T1Rs definitely wouldn't be on the top 5 list.

What are on the rears? If you really need them just for winter I would definitely look elsewhere? Is the idea of the winter wheels to help you stay on the road or just so you don't damage your summer wheels?

I wasn't looking specifically for winter tyres ,just tyres in the correct size ,thought they seemed a good price for others thats all

they are only to save messing up my good wheels.then refurbish them and get decent tyres over the summer,
(or swap with someone who wants face-lift wheels  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

kentsmudger

If you are going to swap to winter wheels, and want to buy tyres specifically for them, you might as well take one more step and buy winter tyres. Nice, inexpensive, grippy, sports-car tyres as they are, I only use T1-R from March to November.

2 x Fronts and 2 x rear Kumho KW23 - Currently £231.60 - Fitted.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Mark A

Camskills had 195 50 15 for £30 earlier this week but price increased to £34 now

uktotty

I use them all year round, no issues, buy 4 not 2 though

Conno11y

I use Toyo Proxes, but not the standard sizes as I don't believe they do them.... I have a facelift model so 16s on the back. I''ve gone for 225/40/16's on the back and 195/50/15s on the front.

As soon as we get some snow.... I'll report the results.

Markb

Quote from: "Conno11y"I use Toyo Proxes, but not the standard sizes as I don't believe they do them.... I have a facelift model so 16s on the back. I''ve gone for 225/40/16's on the back.
As soon as we get some snow.... I'll report the results.

I went for 205/50/16 on the rear and hit snow last month....no problems at all.

Tags: