New key woes - SORTED!

Started by StuC, December 2, 2012, 21:19

StuC

I got myself an 2nd hand replacement and started to follow the instructions posted by Les here

I have a black master key.
I first tried to get the remote part working. The immobiliser light was coming on when it was supposed to, but the coding on the key didn't change.

So I turned my attention to the immobiliser section to see if it was there was something wrong with the key.
That part worked first time!!  :-) :-) :-)
Coupled with my cheapo cut key I can now start the car.... good times!

I tried the remote steps again with no avail, even tried the slightly different steps underneath Les' post. During the 80 second wait though the immobiliser light was not flashing. It flashed once at the start and then once when I pressed the brake pedal to finish.

Have I missed something?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

StuC

I've DONE IT, I've DONE IT, I've DONE IT, I've DONE IT, I've DONE IT, I've DONE IT, !!!!
  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Went over to Spyderchat and found this... Linky
Whilst the key registration process is very similar there was an extra snippet of information. This...
QuoteTo erase all programmed keys except for the key being used to do the erasing:

· Insert any registered master key into key cylinder

· (within 15 sec) Depress and release the acceleration pedal 6 times.

· (within 20 sec) Depress and release the brake pedal 7 times then remove the master key.

· Wait 20 seconds and the other keys are now erased and programming mode terminated.

· If more than 30 seconds total elapse from the first brake depression to the key removal, the erasure will be aborted.
from here...

The erasure (not to be confused with a popular 80's band) worked for the new key.
I was then able to completed the pedal dance once more and get the immobiliser sorted once more.

Then I followed this procedure from Les' link once more and it worked!

I can't tell you how elated I now feel, HAPPY DAYS!

Not sure why the erasure made the difference. I did read on SC that only 4 keys can be programmed to any car. Perhaps it was linked to that.   s:?: :?: s:?:
Forgot to add the key other thing I did was to open the new key and checked the power. Weirdly I got a 6.1v reading from a 3v battery.  Bizarre!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: