wheel wax

Started by markiii, June 7, 2004, 23:00

markiii

subject says it all, what thhinks you?

good idea? bad idea?

does it make the wheels easier to clean? is it worth the ballache?

what do you use?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

I used carplan stuff I think..it's called something like 'Brake Dust barrier' and I can honestly say I really don't think it made a difference. I clean mine 3 times a week so for me, brake dust never really builds up.

Also I noticed when using that on the inner lip, a film of white residue built up, which was a pain in the arse to get off.  A bit like polish when you have put in on at night, and haven't got it off.

IMO its a waste of money, maybe it was the crappy carplan stuff i used?
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Deffinatly good stuff. I got some and i did my wheels and Seans, it is superb.
Is a bit pricey at £18 but will last ages.
I did go to the hastle of taking each wheel off, but i had just had my wheel refinished so they where still quiet clean on the inside.
It does make them easier to clean, doesn't rinse clean but not half as bad as without it.

markiii

whose do you use?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Mark I lied..it was Turtle Wax I used, just checked. This is the fella

Still have the majority of the bottle if you want to 'try before you buy'

I also found it made the wheels look dull...
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

thansk Mike, but looking at it I have some in teh garage, bought for the GFs car as her polished alloys really take some cleaning, since she mullered teh alloys before I had a chance to use it, I never bothered.

I was thinking more of a Wax in teh sense that you get for bodywork, I'm sure I read about soem a while back but can't remember where or who's.

Anonymous

used to use 'wheelwax' but now use step 3 from the maguirs 3 step plan as its natural carnuba wax same as 'wheel wax' and no need to pay extra to do your wheels  s;-) ;-) s;-)

markiii

and your thoughts, does it work? is it worth teh ballache?

Anonymous

as I said........ I use it  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"does it make the wheels easier to clean? is it worth the ballache?

I've always waxed wheels with whatever I'm using on the car (Autoglym these days). They do make the wheels easier to clean, but the brake dust isn't an issue with the '2 anyway...

Worth it? Doesn't really take many minutes, if you do it while waxing the car anyway  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I always dab a bit of Autoglymn Super Resin polish on the wheels - keeps them nice and smooth and they wipe clean easily with a cloth once the crap starts to build up   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

MRMike

Again, not wax, but this stuff worked much better than the previous Turtle wax wheel protector.  Wheels seems to stay vibrant, even after getting wet, which is always good.

m http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/autoglym-di ... recordID=2 m

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

kanujunkie

well with my wheels only hving lasted 5months before bubbling, i'd recommend my method

1) say Bo**ox to waxing them
2) just get them changed on warranty
3) TA DA! nice new shiney wheels!!!  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: