Trd short shifter

Started by Tyrechief, April 3, 2013, 20:15

Tyrechief

Who sells these over here?

Zonda_

Fensport. They ain't cheap.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Tyrechief

Are they not abroad?  Thought some one over here might do them.

dj2k21

Rogue may sell them but yeah as zonda says. Fensport. Ive had mine years now but think I got it in japan tbh
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Tyrechief

Buggeri. Will keep lookin.

Zonda_

Quote from: "Tyrechief"Are they not abroad?  Thought some one over here might do them.

Nope,  UK based.

m http://www.fensport.co.uk m
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

AmeR

UK based and apparently have both 5 and 6 speeds in stock:

m http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_30/Category_9/ m

Tyrechief

Just had a look. Fancy the white gear nob unfortunately. So will prob put one that comes with it on sale here. Should go I would have thought.

Zonda_

I hope it's better than my quick shifter for £170 more!

Tyrechief

Me too.

Zonda_

I couldn't justify £200 on a mod that doesn't improve performance or handling. Mine cost £30 and I want shot of it.

Tyrechief

Really. Why. Is the original set up better do you think. ?

dj2k21

Well technically they do improve performance because they allow u faster shifts and a more positive shift on the whole.  I've tried the quick shift kits etc etc and they are not as good as a full replacement cage and shifter like the trd one. I think its a good mod as it certainly feels alot less sloppy than standard. Plus the trd one lets the shifter sit in the proper position and not like its in 1st gear like the cheapy ones haha
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

In my opinion yes but it's a very marmite thing apparently.  Mine is not a TRD but plenty of people on here will tell you they prefer mine to a TRD. Very much horses for courses but I'm getting shot of mine.

dj2k21

You should have a play with my knob (ahem excuse me mr) if ur ever near mine and see how nice it feels. It feels like half the distance in the throw its awesome.

Tyrechief

What make is yours. Is it the cage Deal liked the Trd

dj2k21

Mine is the trd one mate with the black knob lol

Tyrechief

Ha ha. Can't be coming to play with no black nob. Take your word for it mate.

dj2k21

Haha darn was worth a try haha

Tyrechief

Going to buy one anyway cheers for advice mate.

dj2k21

No worries.... you won't regret it... will transform the gear change for u

Barney Bear

Got mine from Prolex on here came with a TRD leather gear knob   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Tyrechief

How much was it mate.

trevsmr2

Ive just cut 2 and a bit inches off my standard lever ,and bolted the cage direct to the tunnel ,(removed the bushes)

Makes a hell of a difference to the gear change,surprised me how much to be honest

Worth a try if you are thinking of changing anyway,but obviously cant use the standard knob any-more

Barney Bear

Go to Prolex on here under short shift he's listing a6 speed at 185.oo

Personally I would keep the old one as stock should you ever sell the car as they fetch a good price second hand   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Tags: