A quick question about nappies

Started by AndyM, April 12, 2013, 20:05

AndyM

Am I missing one?

There is a big plastic undertray still under the gearbox/sump but nothing covering the back. Someone on another post about removing them remarked that they didn't want to take it off as "it makes the engine look like it's half falling out from behind"

I'm assuming there should be one covering the lower part of this? I'm not really bothered (I'm considering removing the big one as well tomorrow) but just wondered if it was supposed to be there?

Cheers,
Andy
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

nathanMR2

Yep your missing the back one covering the cat
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

mr mr2

Yes you are a lot off owners don't have one so I won't worry about it keeps you  engine bay clean
Excelsior

Zonda_

Never had one on mine, think they look ugly anyway.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Jay67

Didn't have one on mine, bought one, fitted it, stood back, looked at it, took it off
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

Stephster

Didn't have one, bought one, LIKE it, kept it on !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

AndyM

Thanks everyone.

Long term I'm planning some sort of splitter conversion when I get round to skirts, etc... won't bother with one in the mean time.

I'm doing an oil change tomorrow so was thinking about removing the other one as well. Any disadvantage?

Stephster, any chance of a photo? Just like to compare  s:) :) s:)

2 of the left

Mine was falling off when I bought my 2 - Studied all the posts on here and came to the conclusion that Mr T designed it to be there ( To stop all the garbage on the road finding it's way into the underneath of the engine bay) and thus with plastic ties I re attached it When I check the underneath I see many "new" score marks on it and think "Thank God it was there to deflect whatever it was that was coming inboard to my engine!!  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

ray835

you can have a look at mine sometime..
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Markb

Heres a pic.......i'm happy enough with it on tbh,mines very clean around the rear,subframe etc,i guess it helps to have it on.

[/URL].

AndyM

Thanks for the photo. Looks pretty good, better than I was expecting given some of the comments. My plan is to eventually put on a Remus/TTE style twin or a CHE dual exhaust, then try and fabricate some sort of splitter when I get round to doing body styling which will fill in the gap nicely.

I got my main nappy removed today. Turned out it was secured by 5 cable ties and a rusty bolt (one other bolt had already corroded off but was just sitting in place). Think I'll probably leave it off.

Tags: