Painted Cam Cover

Started by andymk3, May 20, 2013, 10:39

andymk3

I know this has been done before but what do you all think? I'm quite pleased with it  :-) :-) :-)  just gonna get 4 x new stainless nuts (2 r gonna b glued where the clips usually go at the bottom for effect).

Just need to sort the rest of the engine bay out now as the engine itself is so dirty it looks like its made of stone!
03 facelift Black with hardtop (OFF), AC, Black leather, full interior chrome, Hvac heater knobs, J-spec roof lever, PPE header, MWR high flow sport cat and custom back box. Pipercross panel filter, Markiii Pipe, Iridium plugs, Ultimate Gear Linkage Bushings, Tein spec-s springs, Millers Nanodrive CFS 5w40 NT Oil, K&N Oil Filter, fully de-badged rear, J-spec nose badge, J-spec steering wheel centre, yellow calipers, custom cam cover, and a heavy right foot \";)\"

mr mr2

That looks great 10 out off 10
Excelsior

Pavett1990

Agreed love it.. What paint you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

andymk3

I used a white plastic primer then the blue is ford Rimini blue and the yellow is a brush on yellow model paint  :-) :-) :-)  I'm pleased with it! I was going to spray the yellow lettering in first then mask off the letters using a craft knife and then spray the rest of it blue so the edges would be very crisp. Thought I would see how steady my hand was first though. Might try spraying the letters next time if I ever change my colour scheme.
03 facelift Black with hardtop (OFF), AC, Black leather, full interior chrome, Hvac heater knobs, J-spec roof lever, PPE header, MWR high flow sport cat and custom back box. Pipercross panel filter, Markiii Pipe, Iridium plugs, Ultimate Gear Linkage Bushings, Tein spec-s springs, Millers Nanodrive CFS 5w40 NT Oil, K&N Oil Filter, fully de-badged rear, J-spec nose badge, J-spec steering wheel centre, yellow calipers, custom cam cover, and a heavy right foot \";)\"

onion86

You can put studs in the two front holes and use nuts as per the back rather than sticking them on by the way (other have done it previously).
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

ShieldsOnTour

Ohhhh - I've just bought a rattle-can of chrome paint.... i wonder what that would look like  s:) :) s:)

Just kidding - i've got one of the Carbon ones on there anyway ... and I'm not spraying that!
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

Tags: