Windscreen surround in satin black

Started by spoonsy, May 20, 2013, 22:52

spoonsy

Hi

I'm thinking of painting my front windscreen surround in Satin Black. My car is silver, does anyone have any photo's they can post up showing what this looks like please? Would be great to see it on a silver car too to see exactly how it will look!

I've read on a few posts that it has been done by a few members but would love to see some pictures please   s8) 8) s8)

wotugonado

mike_v car has it i think, look s awesome and is in silver. search his name he has pics.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

spoonsy

Quote from: "wotugonado"mike_v car has it i think, look s awesome and is in silver. search his name he has pics.

Just checked out Mike's picture, yes it looks amazing!

Paul-B

Here's his car... looks great. Anyone know what those wheels are, they look very like the ones on my Celica.

My wheels

dcod

Quote from: "Paul-B"Here's his car... looks great. Anyone know what those wheels are, they look very like the ones on my Celica.

Rota GT3? Wanted some for a long time.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

petej

Roof down and up for comparison. Squint and the car turns silver   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

kentsmudger

Did my car some time ago with vinyl tape - May get round to painting it one day!

Was thinking I might try it with plasti-dip, might make a good match with the soft-top material?

Roof down

Roof up

Plenty more here -http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentsmudger/sets/72157602990735801/
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

kentsmudger

Found some pics of a yellow car from Spyderchat where plasti-dip was used for this - HERE - I like it!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

onion86

That does look pretty good, much better than Yellow a-pillars anyway!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Star_69

Yeah, it works very well. That PlastiDip stuff does look like great stuff. I'm tempted to do a complete matte white quick and dirty colour change, but am afraid it will look an quick and dirty. They make it look so easy on youtube!
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

StuC

I disagree about the yellow. Whilst it looks cohesive with the hood up or hardtop on. With the top down, having a black surround and pillar just look a bit lost. There is no connection to the car, for me it least.
That's why I have decided to keep mine body coloured.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: