bmc cda

Started by swinglow81, June 19, 2013, 19:58

swinglow81

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has fitted one if these and if so where did u put it to get a good feed of cold air?

Cheers Dan

Anonymous

I guessing you haven't tried the search function?

eynonz

Some say it's best to put it behind the battery.
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

shep1975

Okay. Newbie alert. What is a bmc cda?  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

ray835

i put mine behind the rear nearside wheel arch and bumper.......
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

dj2k21

I got the exact one but ten times cheaper (sligjt exaggeration) from ctp and mounted it behind the near side rear light cluster in the engine bay
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

eynonz

Quote from: "shep1975"Okay. Newbie alert. What is a bmc cda?  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

One of these  m http://www.bmcairfilters.com/air-intake ... 3_4_1.aspx m
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

swinglow81

Yea tried the search but couldn't see anything saying or any pictures where people had installed there's.

Hi eynonz when you say behind the battery do u mean so that its by the side vents as was thinking of doing this and getting c-one vents in the hope that would feed more cold air in as there bigger whars your views people

swinglow81

Any pics of people that have one would be appreciated cheers

eynonz

Haven't got one myself, I just read from what people have said, also there's pictures of where someone put theirs in here  l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42473&hilit=induction+kit&start=60 l

Zonda_

There are pictures in the thread linked to above of mine. Behind the battery mounted low down for the coldest air.  Don't buy the BMC, the one from Car Builder Solutions is identical and much cheaper.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

swinglow81

I though the BMC had a paintened system tho

chalced

I put mine exactly where the stock one came from, but now I have a smaller battery I think it would be much better in the space behind that.

steve b

Like dj2k21 I went with the identical but x10 cheaper version.  Mounted behind where the battery would be, can just see it in this pic :-

2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

swinglow81

Cheers for all your help and advice guys is there really no difference as I'm a strong believer u get what u pay for and if it that much cheaper just reluctant to take  the dive. Was it easy to fit is it a DIY job would I need a new battery as well if gonna stick it there? Sorry for all the questions and thanks again

steve b

I think it's very easy to fit, but then I'm happy bending brackets and fertile things.

I'm a firm believer you pay for a badge  s;-) ;-) s;-)
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

dj2k21

As steve says I would say they are from the same place and re branded.  Cbs are a kit car building company so there stuff is reasonable price wise and good quality
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

chalced

You do need to get a bit of pipe with a MAF sensor bracket on as the stock one is integral to the air box. You will also need some bends and joins, but exactly what will depend on where you fit it.
I got the BMC first and put it in place, then measured what pipes and joints I would need to connect it all back in.

Mel

shep1975

Quote from: "eynonz"
Quote from: "shep1975"Okay. Newbie alert. What is a bmc cda?  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

One of these  m http://www.bmcairfilters.com/air-intake ... 3_4_1.aspx m

Thanks for this. Saved it to my favourites for use later on this year  s:) :) s:)

Zonda_

Quote from: "chalced"You do need to get a bit of pipe with a MAF sensor bracket on as the stock one is integral to the air box. You will also need some bends and joins, but exactly what will depend on where you fit it.
I got the BMC first and put it in place, then measured what pipes and joints I would need to connect it all back in.

Mel

You can get the adaptor on Amazon.com, not .co.uk. They are made by Spectre performance and are really cheap including delivery.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

swinglow81

Haha Steve ur a man after my own heart lol just force it in it will fit it says so on the box

swinglow81

Cheers zonda and mel

Tags: