Turbo Wastegate Actuator Pipe

Started by nathanMR2, August 19, 2013, 20:18

nathanMR2

I'm looking to replace my actuator pipe on my TTE Turbo. It's a Garrett T25 turbo. Does anyone know the internal diameter size pipe that is needed?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Wabbitkilla

It's around 2 to 2.5mm, measure the nipple at each end and look up samco pipes.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

nathanMR2

I'm not with the car mate. I'm in London. I want to order some pipe for when I go back up to the midlands and its there for when I get back.

I know it's pretty right from when I removed it the other day. I just failed to reassure it  s:( :( s:(

Wabbitkilla

Typically on the PE Turbo, Mass, and C2 kits it's 2 or 2.5, just depends how long it is.
I'm hoping someone comes along a and responds with "It is X mm".
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

nathanMR2

2.5 seems pretty small. I remember the pipe being around 12mm outer. I can't find anything of those sizes  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I think mine is 4 - 5 mm I can check in the morning, but I couldn't say if its the same size as yours.

stargazer30

Quote from: "nathanMR2"2.5 seems pretty small. I remember the pipe being around 12mm outer. I can't find anything of those sizes  s:? :? s:?

I just this pipe off my TTE last week. No ways its 2.5mm thats tiny.  Its at least 5mm internal.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

nathanMR2

My guess it was about 3-4mm. I've searched online but I can't seem to find anything

nathanMR2

Just for the record the pipe is 6mm internal diameter and 12mm external diameter reinforced pipe

Wabbitkilla

6mm is enormous for that job!

nathanMR2

It's a pretty tight fit over the nipple nic. It looks like the pipe in the TTE fitting instructions. I have however measured it with digital callipers

stupink

6mm is not enormous at all imo, if you have a tiny pipe feeding the actuator then you're going to get actuator lag, and introduce overboost.(a good way to achieve it if you want it, or to use a lonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg pipe)
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: